Paging File

swaaye said:
Hmm... So with 2GB RAM, turning off the page file has great benefits?
Most likely yes, first benefit should be considerably faster windows boot, try it and see for yoursef :)

Blazkowicz_ said:
1GB RAM with no pagefile can be troublesome, you could run out of memory when gaming (happened to a friend, I hadn't seen a out of memory error for ages :))

hmm, I once started need for speed underground, quake 3 and unreal tournament at the same time and still no troubles :).

DiGuru said:
but you won't be able to unzip it afterwards. :D
NTFS supposedly handles files of arbitrary file sizes (up to max size of partition). FAT might have some problems with very large files, but then again, FAT is old and crap.

Other than that, I see no reason why "windows" would create un-unzippable zip archives, in fact that sounds like total nonsense.

Guden Oden said:
DiGuru said:
but you won't be able to unzip it afterwards. :D
NTFS supposedly handles files of arbitrary file sizes (up to max size of partition). FAT might have some problems with very large files, but then again, FAT is old and crap.

Other than that, I see no reason why "windows" would create un-unzippable zip archives, in fact that sounds like total nonsense.

Try it. It's not the size of the file itself, but the overflow of integers in 32-bit programs and the Windows API that is the problem.

Back