Option to disable "tooltips"?

Nick[FM]

Regular
Is there any way to disable the tooltips on these boards? :???: I'm not very fond of them popping up when I'm trying to read the threads on various boards..

That's my second-biggest annoyance with this board, other than threads with more than 3 pages of posts only show up to page 3 on the thread list view and no indication of how many pages are in it. Remarkably, I think those are my ONLY annoyances actually... :)

Even though neither of them are really big, I find the tooltips rather annoying and frankly useless, since there's no way you'll have time to read them anyway. They're too big in comparison to the very brief time they're shown.

I run a plugin with Maxthon that disables them on this board automatically. I'm sure FF users and Opera users can do it as well with Greasmonkey (FF) and a custom userjs (Opera)

This is the custom JS i'm running in Maxthon. It could easily be made into a opera or FF script too.

Code:
removeTooltip('a');
removeTooltip('img');
removeTooltip('td');

function removeTooltip(x){
	var y=document.getElementsByTagName(x);
	for(i=0; i<=y.length-1; i++){
		y[i].title='';
		if(x=='img') y[i].alt='';
	}
}

geo said:
Umm. What are you guys talking about? What "tooltips"?

The ones you get hovering a topic on the forum view. If you're running Opera and not seeing them, you might have switched it completly off in the Opera settings.

Hmph. Must be either browser-specific, or maybe my popup blocker eats it? At any rate, "no see-um here, Kemosabe!"

I get them with both IE and Safari. Would love to have an option in the CP to switch them off. They are more annoying than helpful.

Nick[FM] said:
I get them with both IE and Safari. Would love to have an option in the CP to switch them off. They are more annoying than helpful.

Yes they are, sometimes I quit the forum just because of them.

Use Firefox :mrgreen:

In Firefox type about:config in the URL bar

it will bring up lots of settings

go to:

browser. chrome. toolbar_tips,

right click on the setting and toggle to "false".

Your tooltips should be gone

Last edited by a moderator:
If you use Opera, you can turn them off in "Preferences > Advanced > Show Tooltips".

Back