Opteron

lopri

Regular
Joined the Opteron craze and got pretty lucky. Cost me total $450 to setup the whole thing. (No case yet)

2860MHz @1.36V (Everything set auto except my lowly DDR333)

3003MHz @1.48V

Thinking of putting this on eBay. How much would I get?

Cartoon Corpse said:
can't read it, on my pc anyway.

Did you click on the thumbnails?

Nice OC, your HTT is nothing to write home about though. Probably held back by that memory a considerable amount. Be interested to see the true limits of that CPU. The Opty's are OCing so nice, I'd love one but its far out of my budget.

I got a 146 with those steppings but I heven't tested it out yet. It will be sitting here next to my Asus Crossfire board until my Radeon 850XT PE gets here next week. I can't wait put in my new hardware. It's been awhile since I upgraded. I'm still running an Athlon XP 2400 @ 3200 with a Radeon 9500 Pro.

I don't think that you would get that much. AMD says it's planning on producing that line of CPUs for a long time (14 months or something). Something to do with a Corperate Product Stability Program or something. Also, CABNE steppings are the fastest, but CABYE is pretty damn good too. Personally I'm going after the 165 dual core, should get 2.8+Ghz I hope!

DudeMiester said:
I don't think that you would get that much. AMD says it's planning on producing that line of CPUs for a long time (14 months or something). Something to do with a Corperate Product Stability Program or something. Also, CABNE steppings are the fastest, but CABYE is pretty damn good too. Personally I'm going after the 165 dual core, should get 2.8+Ghz I hope!

The rumor mill has it that they are going to discontinue the socket 939 versions however.

Got mine up and running. 2.8 @ 1.375v rock stable with stock retail cooler. I need a better PS though; the voltage fluctuates way too much (from 1.36v to 1.39v @ 1.375v) on the one I have - Apex (Allied) 500w. So I will be content with getting a $1000 processor for $200 and change for now. Maybe I will try to push it higher later when I get a new PS and new cooler.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my Opteron 146 hooked up with Dfi Lanpart SLI-DR Expert. Running 2.85GHz @ 1.4v with aircooling. 3GHz is Pifast but not Prime stable. Still, I'm quite happy with this.

edit: Also bought a new PSU to replace my old Antec Truepower 430W. The replacement is Seasonic 430W which seems to be doing a nice job.

Back