On Heroic, I beat Halo 3 in [blank] hours

I beat Halo 3 in [blank] hours on Heroic difficulty:

• Total voters
My times don't match what you're saying here - my saved films and bungie.net stats add up to exactly the same time (and i did more than my fair share of dieing - 73 times on the first level alone...)

You know, I have absolutely no idea what's going on then?? Maybe you died so many times that the system got busted :)
All my times are different in the theater compared to bungie site, every one of them... The theater always has the longest time, in some cases 3x longer time. So I don't know...

I started my solo run through legendary.

I think it took close to 3 hours to get through Sierra 117. I'm getting raped badly, and ammunition is a constant struggle.

I died slightly less than I did with Heroic, but I still die, die, die.

The snipers on Sierra 117 during legendary are a bitch. I seriously cannot imagine doing legendary without co-op.

if you think the snipers are good in halo3 on legendary. try halo 2 on legendary. the snipers were better shots rarely miss a head shot and more numerous.

I actually didn't mind sniper alley all that much in Halo 2. I have a patience for that sort of thing though. Well... actually only when I played by myself. It is just annoying on co-op due to players doing their own thing. I'm glad that Legendary death-checkpoint thing on co-op has been relegated to a skull in Halo 3.

I found the snipers a bit less cheap than in Halo 2. In sniper alley, and also on the Halo and High Charity, there are parts where you just can't see them (they are in the dark). Now you can, especially when they have you in their sights. They also seem to take a bit longer to aim. Nevertheless, I always overestimate my ability to dispatch them quickly and end up getting nailed. Also there aren't near as many beam rifle snipers, and carbine snipers take more than one headshot to take you out.

IIRC, the insta-sniper kill is something they wanted fix for Halo 3. I think they did a pretty good job of it with the carbine jackals. :) It's not quite as aggravating, but it really still does take some patience in moving about.

The snipers on Sierra 117 during legendary are a bitch. I seriously cannot imagine doing legendary without co-op.
I did it both solo and coop and it's not that hard. You should memorize where the snipers are and advance very slowly -the same applies for coop-.

They are a pain in the ass in the end of the first level (the dam), though. If you don't get there with a sniper rifle or the equivalent Covenant weapon you are in for a bad surprise given the fact that without this kind of weapon you are easy prey for them.

As for the main topic, it took me 15-16 hours to finnish the campaign on Heroic, which is not bad as I tend to wander around a bit -I found two skulls by myself-.

I've played through about 3 times now. First time was 9 hours, second time was Legendary and 13, and the last time was Heroic w/ lots of skulls. I really like what catch and famine do to the game. They increase the importance of resource management as well as cover.

I really like what catch and famine do to the game. They increase the importance of resource management as well as cover.
You think resource management in a shooter is a good thing? Different strokes for different folks, I guess. In my opinion, some of Halo's best moments come from the second-to-second combat experiences. You're pretty much denied those experiences if you're always low on ammo.

You think resource management in a shooter is a good thing? Different strokes for different folks, I guess. In my opinion, some of Halo's best moments come from the second-to-second combat experiences. You're pretty much denied those experiences if you're always low on ammo.
the good thing about famine is that it makes you constantly pick up the weapons on the ground so you don't rely too much on a certain gun.

I do that anyway. I mean, you pretty much have to on Legendary. One weapon just won't work in every situation.

That said, I haven't used the skulls much. I need to check out the campaign with them enabled.

I do that anyway. I mean, you pretty much have to on Legendary. One weapon just won't work in every situation.
That said, I haven't used the skulls much. I need to check out the campaign with them enabled.
I probably wouldn't bother with skulls if they didn't have achievements anyways. They're really good when you're playing co-op and you want to go above legendary in difficulty.

The gaf thread is too big too read so anyone figure out the best skulls and difficulty combo to use for metascore achievements?

Is there a minimum difficulty you have to play at to get achievements? Just to be clear I am a PC gamer & totally suck using a controller for FPS games so I am playing at Uber baby settings currently. :p

The skulls and "level accomplished" achievements apply only to the non-Easy difficulty modes. Some are multiplayer-only as well.

Is there a minimum difficulty you have to play at to get achievements? Just to be clear I am a PC gamer & totally suck using a controller for FPS games so I am playing at Uber baby settings currently. :p

Back