On Heroic, I beat Halo 3 in [blank] hours

I beat Halo 3 in [blank] hours on Heroic difficulty:

• Total voters

Acert93

Artist formerly known as Acert93
Legend
How many hours did it take you to beat Halo 3 on the Heroic difficulty?

Edit: Single Player only. No Coop or normal please.

I'm gonna ruin your poll :p Between a mix of solo Heoric and 2player co-op on Legendary, it took 10hours. By the end of tonight, I'll have an exact idea how long it takes on 2player co-op on Legendary by itself.

Having taken me 2/30 hours to complete Halo 2 on lowest difficulty I will predict myself being stuck for 50+ hours :smile:

Watch as this poll is skewed by people who don't own the game.

EDIT: Angelmorph's GT (newclyusinju) hasn't played online for two months. :\

9 hours heroic, on a friends box, since I don't have the game yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
2 hours...still stuck on the first level, no ammo, snipers everywhere, tons of Elites....HELP!

This was the wrong checkpoint to bring a 100rounds of assult rifle and a half empty needler...:cry:

I have a feeling I'll be battling it out here for a while.

On legendary, co-op, me and a buddy have put in about 7 hours and are on the 6th level (2/3rds)

Check the edit. The other two "less than 6 hours" votes don't have GTs assigned to their profile, but their post history is suspect.

Check the edit. The other two "less than 6 hours" votes don't have GTs assigned to their profile, but their post history is suspect.

Yeah I have to agree there a bit. And we are talking about heroic difficulty mode!

Like who?

Dont know If it is skewed but suspect though considering the difficulty setting. Click the number on the vote chart to see all the names of those that voted.

How do I find out how long I have been playing the Campaign for?

I'm not sure if you are too late for this, but if you go to Bungie.net you can link your gamertag and use the Bungie stats.

It's really neat, I can see that I die alot more than others here. :smile:

I haven't quite finished the fight yet.

Took 7-8 hours to beat it on Heroic. I completed H1 and 2 on Legendary so the game wasnt exactly a huge challenge on Heroic. Legendary seems to be quite a bit different compared to Heroic though, pretty big jump in difficulty.

First time though on Heroic with two of my buddies (who are good Halo players) took about 6.5-7 hours, but there was a lot of back tracking on the flood levels because we couldn't figure out where to go. And the last level kicked our asses for quite a while.

I started a solo campaign on Legendary and it took me about 4.5 hours to finish the first level. You can run and gun on the easier difficulty settings, but solo Legendary is MUCH more challenging. Tactics, cover, choosing the correct weapons, etc., are vital on Legendary. Definitely not a push over.

I didn't vote in the poll.

I'm not sure if you are too late for this, but if you go to Bungie.net you can link your gamertag and use the Bungie stats.

It's really neat, I can see that I die alot more than others here. :smile:

I haven't quite finished the fight yet.

Where do you see all these stats?? All I'm seeing is tha player snapshot, which gives some very basic stuff, and the multiplayer stats page...

But where are people seeing their gametime played, # of deaths etc??

Is Heroic the easiest setting? If the duration of this game is to be considered versus other games, normally times are given in easy mode AFAIK, as more run-through times rather than times to play and complete. Perhaps concurrent polls of other titles would be useful, like GeOW and HS?

Where do you see all these stats?? All I'm seeing is tha player snapshot, which gives some very basic stuff, and the multiplayer stats page...

But where are people seeing their gametime played, # of deaths etc??

Under Game History -> Campaign. But it doesn't seem all that correct to me, since adding up my game time on normal comes out to be like 4.5 hours, which isn't even close to how long it took me. I played at least 3 times that amount, probably even more.

I guess maybe I'll have to watch a couple of the videos tonight to see if it actually has the entire level.

Is Heroic the easiest setting? If the duration of this game is to be considered versus other games, normally times are given in easy mode AFAIK, as more run-through times rather than times to play and complete. Perhaps concurrent polls of other titles would be useful, like GeOW and HS?

There are 4 levels of difficulty:

Easy = if you drool on your own shoulder but still want to play Halo3, this would be it. You get no achievements, no skulls or terminals.

Normal = toned down to not feel as intimidating to newcomers while still giving them achievements/skulls/terminals

Heroic = the default setting for those who have experience with FPS and Halo games in general

Legendary = keep extra controllers handy for when you break them. Even with 2 player co-op this is no joke as evident by my service record and the amount of deaths.

Back