OMG GTA4 trailer on March 29th!

Europe seems to be the most likely locale for the next iteration. This will likely be backed up by the wealth of pop music and culture you can extract from here. I'm expecting a game along the lines of "Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels" in terms of storyline, with music from the Clash and the like.

You can pretty much guarantee it.

info available at the time of the ps3 europe launch (most likely tied together)
i thought the next one was set in 60s london (not called london of course)
jags, bentleys, minis.
nice that rockstar have kept very quiet about details/screenshots etc, IMO the way to do it, + not releasing stuff years ahead

4 + more days

I'm really curious to see what it brings to the table now that I've experienced the almighty Crackdown. ;)

It really doesn't take much to top Crackdown though. I'm sure we both agree Crackdown was below average or average at best. The fun level was there for sure, the game was fun to play. When you consider the whole package though, it falls short and quite a bit. I haven't played co-op though and like they say "The gaming experience might change when playing online" ;)

I wonder what time period they're going to set this one in?

What exactly do you mean by that? time period on when the game will be out or time period when the trailer will be out.

The website has a countdown all the way to the very last second so I assume once the timer expires, the trailer will start playing.

What exactly do you mean by that? time period on when the game will be out or time period when the trailer will be out.

The website has a countdown all the way to the very last second so I assume once the timer expires, the trailer will start playing.

Meant what time period of the 'city.'

But let me not speak for him...

With that said. Any GTA IV footage, is going to be good footage. How can you disagree.

info available at the time of the ps3 europe launch (most likely tied together)
i thought the next one was set in 60s london (not called london of course)
jags, bentleys, minis.
nice that rockstar have kept very quiet about details/screenshots etc, IMO the way to do it, + not releasing stuff years ahead

considering they've ripped some of their local ideas from the origonal game and Grand Theft Auto: London 1969 was an addon pack i'd buy that as being the best guess.

I mean the time period of the game or what place it is.

I think maybe late '70s-early '80s in London. Have no idea what would be popular then but there's probably a lot stuff that is still popular today.

The latest rumors I've got indicate that it'd take place in Japan. However, not me or the reliable sources telling me this really believe it :) I mean I think it'd be cool as hell, but it might really alienate some fans that dug the gangsta/wiseguy/thug approach of the older ones.

why ? GTA is a massive free roaming game, so it would be a bit annooying to have to change DVD to access different parts of the map.
And don't think it's just to say that the ps3 version will be better because i only own a 360 and won't buy a ps3 until a price drop to 400 euros.

why ? GTA is a massive free roaming game.
So is Test Drive Unlimited, which fits nicely in 3.64GB. The concept of a "massive free roaming" game says nothing about disk space, and in fact limits the level of detail that can be displayed.

It really doesn't take much to top Crackdown though. I'm sure we both agree Crackdown was below average or average at best. The fun level was there for sure, the game was fun to play.

That last part is what it's all about IMO. I didn't like GTA:SA (the only one I've tried) one bit. I'm always playing Crackdown longer than planned however...

Back