Official Tokyo Game Show thread

Yep. This controller will require out-the-box thinking. Unless the initial controller comes with a standard attachment...that resmembles a regular controller and certain games come with special attachments? If it hasn't been said already...this has the potential to strain 3rd party support, the potential..but since its able to use attachments...that may not be an issue.

Nintendo is taking a big risk here...it does have a potential to strain 3rd party support, but games that really takes advantages of new controller does have potential to be something special.
If Nintendo has innovative hit like Super Mario 64, then that title alone can sell Revolution itself....that controller might make it possible.

MGS4 Trailer

Just saw the MGS4 trailer.

Killzone and Motorstorm appear to me at least to be eminently possible after watching that.

Holy smokes. Konami will put it up in about 3 hrs i gather.

hopefully we will be seeing some more killzone + motor storm soon enough :D
along with a few others?
ruliweb_ps3s_02.jpg

namco's new fighting game? im guessing tekken?

Of important note which I don't think has been mentioned yet :

NO PLAYABLE PS3's

Still only showing footage.

Bad_Boy said:
hopefully we will be seeing some more killzone + motor storm soon enough :D
along with a few others?
ruliweb_ps3s_02.jpg

namco's new fighting game? im guessing tekken?

Tekken and New shouldn't go in the same sentence.

london-boy said:
Tekken and New shouldn't go in the same sentence.
tekken 6 would be a new tekken.
i dont see why namco would start a new fighting franchise when they could improve on tekken for next gen. unless they are doing a street fighter game :p

wasnt there a merger between capcom and namco? or was it some other companies, sorry im off today.

There was a rumour of a merger of Capcom and Konami, or Capcom and Sega, anyway Capcom is believed to merge with someone.
Namco already merged with... was it Bandai? or Taito?... damn I just can't keep up with these mergings any more.

croc hunter2 said:
Just saw the MGS4 trailer.

Killzone and Motorstorm appear to me at least to be eminently possible after watching that.

Holy smokes. Konami will put it up in about 3 hrs i gather.

Great! Tell us more....

Shifty Geezer said:
Of important note which I don't think has been mentioned yet :

NO PLAYABLE PS3's

Still only showing footage.

Really? That's a bit dissapointing. So far TGS has been great.

pipo said:
What did you expect? Final dev kits aren't even out yet...

X360 games were playable at E3. Were they on final kits? No. Not even beta. And aren't the PS3 dev kits more powerful than the x360 alphas?

Uncle said:
X360 games were playable at E3. Were they on final kits? No. Not even beta. And aren't the PS3 dev kits more powerful than the x360 alphas?

You're forgetting one small detail. X360 is released in November. PS3 "sometime next year".

london-boy said:
You're forgetting one small detail. X360 is released in November. PS3 "sometime next year".

But still it would have been nice to see something playable. Besides it's about 6 months from E3 to the x360 launch, right? If the PS3 is going to launch in the spring, that would be about 7 months from now so it's not that big a difference. But maybe Sony is smart. I'm betting that MS isn't too proud of the feedback it got from E3.

I would have liked to see some PS3 dev kits running realtime. So far all we have are movies which people can still rightly be skeptical of. Actually seening some of this stuff happening interactively in realtime in the same quality would have lended a lot of strength to the 'Uber PlayStation' concept. I imagine the reason for not doing this is because they're still uprating offline renders, improving the framerate of games in development that look that good but aren't at 30+ fps yet. Showing in realtime at lower framerates would hurt the credibility of the movies thus shown.

Even if all these lovely visuals are possible, we don't actually have conclusive proof yet.

Uncle said:
But still it would have been nice to see something playable. Besides it's about 6 months from E3 to the x360 launch, right? If the PS3 is going to launch in the spring, that would be about 7 months from now so it's not that big a difference. But maybe Sony is smart. I'm betting that MS isn't too proud of the feedback it got from E3.

Same here, i think Sony prefers to show something when they know it will WOW people. There is little sense in showing crappy half-finished game running on non-final hardware. They do not represent the final game, not even close, so there's no point and could actually have adverse effects, with people making up their minds having seen crappy unfinished material.
From a PR point of view, better wait, hype people like crazy, then show impressive stuff which will be close to the final versions.

Uncle said:

He wasn't talking about software - he said:

NO PLAYABLE PS3's
That was loud and clear IMO, as was my response.

Edit - On the topic of software, the no-show surprises me too...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back