Official Nintendo E3 press conference thread

Maybe I missed it. Did they say what they were planning on doing to address the memory/storage problem on the Wii?

Not yet...

Anyway, Wii Music might be a real smash hit with the casuals, it looks easy to pick up, fun, and it's game to play with a few friends (plus some community features)...

So, how does Wii Speak work? Is it a mic that plugs into the console?

looked more like a mic + speaker combo, i.e. it's not a headset.

Summing up, apart from Wii Music and WiiMotionPlus pretty much a boring presentation and not much news here.

looked more like a mic + speaker combo, i.e. it's not a headset.

Summing up, apart from Wii Music and WiiMotionPlus pretty much a boring presentation and not much news here.

I guess that's how they intend to address parental issues; They're hoping that parents will hear their kid being a racist prick, or that they'll hear their kid being bullied. With a headset, you don't really know what your kid is saying/hearing.

Complete dissapointment. Nintendo just forgot about his fans.

I think it would be impossible for Sony to out-meh this, so the third place this E3 is reserved for Nintendo.

Frankly I don't think Nintendo needs to impress any of us with these conferences - it's basically just them letting us and the mainstream press/world know what's going on. And from what they showed, I see a lot of future money makers in their pipeline.

Is it just me or was that one of the most boring and useless conferences in recent memory?

It took the boring corporate masturbation from the sony PS2 conferences of old, with bar graphs and the like...added insufferable marketing drivel about how people of all ages and sexes love the Wii (we get it!), completely forgot about their core gamers, then introduced a bunch of harebrained ideas without real potential (the WiiSpeak is a room-based microphone that'll pick up all kinds of noise in a room, not just voices...the snowboading game looks like the stuff that never gets played at the arcade...WiiMusic just looks terrible.)

The only moderately decent thing is WiiMotionPlus, which is something that should've been in the Wii in the first place and I'm still not sure how good it actually is.

Hopefully Sony steps it up...

Is it just me or was that one of the most boring and useless conferences in recent memory?

WiiMusic just looks terrible.

While I do think that the conference was quite boring (especially the "jokes"), I found WiiMusic quite interesting there's definitely a lot of potential there, in particular community wise (getting together playing, exchanging music). Animal Crossing might also be nice for the casual gamers (somewhat of a simplistic home meets AC).

WiiMotionPlus I am still not entirely convinced if it really offers the responsive 1:1 mapping gamers have been looking for. I reserve my judgement, until we actually see some more footage.

All in all, it was a PC for the MSM and casual gamers rather than the gamers and gaming media - quite similar to last year's show, IMO.

It would have been nice to hear something about fixing supply issues for Wii Fit, or was that mentioned? I still haven't seen one, and I refuse to look for one religiously.

In my field, MSM is a term that describes some people's sexual practices. It's funny to see it used in this context.

Wii Music doesn't appeal to me at all simply because I know the controls are never accurate to sound nice...what happened to picking up real instruments?

Oh, that's it? - was my first reaction when it was over. But the WiiMotionPlus remains my highlight of the show. On the other hand, Wii Music to me was ugh - it sounds horrible, and it sincerely lacks a gameplay element. I have lots of beautiful instruments on the wall, and I'd rather use those. ;) But you never know what people like though, of course! Still - it seems to require too much real talent to make something sound well enough. The DS version of Guitar Hero with the buttons is a lot more appealing and accessible in that sense, I feel.

Back