Official MS E3 press conference thread

Guys, Netflix has a limited amount of content for digital streaming on the PC, this is what the 360 is getting (probably the PS3 too, it just need a browser with a plug-in). Netflix doesn't have anything else to give, no other DD content. It's been available for a while now on the PC. Netflix has no intention of killing their revenue by giving 360 owners all their movies for a $8/month Netflix subscription.

IMO the good news is you don't need a PC hooked to your TV to use it, the bad news is the content in general sucks.

as a netflix subscriber i have to disagree .

I pay for netflix and i get my movies but sometimes something comes up and your home and just want to watch something diffrent. This on the 360 provides it on my 60 + inch tv in the living room with just a simple download. I already pay for live as its the best online experiance on the consoles right now .

So I can still get my 2 movies out at a time but i cna also stream hundreds of others in the same time frame . Whats more is with a sling box hack i should be able to send it to my pc when i'm traveling

I'm excited to try the new 16:10 resolutions on my monitor you guys think it will have black bars on top and bottom or that it will be just stretched to those resolutions? I sure hope it has bars otherwise it doesn't really help

I'm watching GeoW II footages and it's almost sad that the FFXIII announcement still some thunder from it ( ;) for Carl ).
It will be absolutely huge if marketed accordingly! Woa!

as a netflix subscriber i have to disagree .

I pay for netflix and i get my movies but sometimes something comes up and your home and just want to watch something diffrent. This on the 360 provides it on my 60 + inch tv in the living room with just a simple download. I already pay for live as its the best online experiance on the consoles right now .

What do you disagree with? I have the service now, both my HTPC and 360 on the same TV. I have the content now, but to tell you the truth the content is pretty bad. Netflix wanted to lure people away from BB with something new, but they don't want to make their more expensive plans obsolete (everyone gets unlimited DD now). So what they have is mostly older or non-mainstream stuff, I did watch a few episodes of the Tick though.

Feel free to fire up the browser and browse the "watch now" tab. This will not replace Live movies or Netflix's disc service anytime soon. But it great for free if you didn't have a PC handy before.

I'm excited to try the new 16:10 resolutions on my monitor you guys think it will have black bars on top and bottom or that it will be just stretched to those resolutions? I sure hope it has bars otherwise it doesn't really help

It'll be black bars, for sure.

What do you disagree with? I have the service now, both my HTPC and 360 on the same TV. I have the content now, but to tell you the truth the content is pretty bad. Netflix wanted to lure people away from BB with something new, but they don't want to make their more expensive plans obsolete (everyone gets unlimited DD now). So what they have is mostly older or non-mainstream stuff, I did watch a few episodes of the Tick though.

Feel free to fire up the browser and browse the "watch now" tab. This will not replace Live movies or Netflix's disc service anytime soon. But it great for free if you didn't have a PC handy before.

its still additional content making xbox live a more complete service and my netflix account a more complete service. Since I already pay for both I don't see any down side , this is all just plusses in my book

Not everyone has an HTPC under their TV. I do not. Whenever I want to watch a netflix stream movie, I have to connect my laptop to my TV. With this, I do not need to do it anymore.. it is basically more convinient for me. As for the content, no, it does not suck. There are lots of TV shows that is only in SD and available for streaming, and the streaming quality is not very far from SD TV quality.. And if you want quality with limited selection, the downloadable service is still there.

It is win-win for both party IMO. It will be a reason for a netflix customer to buy a 360 and it will be a reason to sign-up for a streaming movie service for a 360 owner.

I'm watching GeoW II footages and it's almost sad that the FFXIII announcement still some thunder from it ( ;) for Carl ).
It will be absolutely huge if marketed accordingly! Woa!

The game is again a roller-coaster ride like the first one. I do not remember how many times I said 'whoa' while watching the video. And, being an on stage demostration makes it even more impressive.

I dare to post here two vids of GeowII that have been already posted in the games section.
It sounds like the FFXIII has stolen to much thunder from it and that for these holydays MS has a real huge winner.
two pretty impressive vids:
http://www.gamersyde.com/stream_7783_en.html
http://www.gamersyde.com/stream_7789_en.html

After watch it twice, I think that this game could have more impact to the average gamer than "stolen exclusive" or dash board improvements (not that I dismiss these two points).

If MS pull a nice ads campaign, I wouldn't be surprised if this game comes close to HaloIII and CoD4.
IMHO with this title alone MS is like to win theses holydays in north America.
EDIT watched it a third time :LOL: ...

Last edited by a moderator:

They need to make sure Developers are forced to letterbox games at glorious HD 16:9 ratio. They screwed me over 1280x1024 res which is worse that 640x480 on some games.

Back