Official console hardware deals thread - where to get stuff cheap

Here in Canada, there are a few 160GB PS3 deals (all include Uncharted of course).

Bestbuy - 160GB PS3, Resistance 2 and Motorstorm: Pacific Rift
$519CAD

Futureshop - 160GB PS3, Motorstorm: Pacific Rift, and choice of:
Resistance 2
Resistance 2 Collectors Edition
SingStar Vol.2 Bundle
NBA 09: The Inside
Also $519CAD

EB Games - 160GB PS3, Resistance 2 Collectors Edition, SOCOM w/Headset
$499CAD

Thanks to RobertR1.... best buy xbox live 12 months + wired headset + text chat pad+ PGR4 retail copy game + 2 tickets to Watchmen (you need to add watchmen tickets from the main link to cart as well as the package)

all for the normal live 12 mo price of $49.99

got it ordered and on the way

BACKORDERED...

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the best PS3 deal I´ve ever seen here in Sweden.
- 2995 SEK for a PS3 + game

http://www.playzone.se/shop_product.asp?id=28153

It´s campaign offer from a company opening a new store.

edit: best deal ever by a large margin, almost at the 360 elite level.

If something sounds to good to be true, well it usually is to good to be true. :LOL:

Reading the newspaper this morning I learnt the owner of the Playzone company had been taken into custody on suspicion of fraud. He had not been delivering games etc. to his customers. Pretty sophisticated scam, I learned about the company through a newspaper ad and the site looked pretty slick. Maybe he was on the verge of bankruptcy and just got desperate, not uncommon these days I guess.

Sorry if someone got scammed because of my post. :cry:

Walmart Canada has a deal going on for the 160GB Uncharted bundle. Comes with Uncharted, LBP and GT5P, and Batman Begins, 300 and Blood Diamond on Blu-Ray for 499.83. A lot of retailers here in Canada have deals on the 160GB bundle (EB Ganes, BestBuy/Futureshop and Walmart).

Anyone need a 20GB hard drive? I upgraded my 360 this weekend, so I've got a spare. If anyone wants it, let me know.

Amazon.ca is having a sale on 360 accessories this week:

$34.97 - black or white wireless controller (down from $49.99)
$69.97 - 360 Wireless adapter (down from $99.99)

Pretty big savings!

Microsoft announce the "Games of the Year" Elite bundle...

Microsoft-Announces-Xbox-360-Elite-Game-Of-The-Year-Bundle-With-Halo-3-And-Fable-II.jpg

http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/6...The-Year-Bundle-With-Halo-3-And-Fable-II.html

Dammit I just bought one 3 weeks ago!! Grrr :)

Tommy McClain

Microsoft announce the "Games of the Year" Elite bundle...

Microsoft-Announces-Xbox-360-Elite-Game-Of-The-Year-Bundle-With-Halo-3-And-Fable-II.jpg

http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/6...The-Year-Bundle-With-Halo-3-And-Fable-II.html

Dammit I just bought one 3 weeks ago!! Grrr :)

Tommy McClain

I dont know if that's really on topic, but hey, you are getting stuff cheap :)

I always cant decide whether to post 360 SKU tweaks. Dont seem to deserve there own thread so I put them in the NPD thread or something.

Anyways that SKU is really quite nice value wise. MS is doing a lot of value in their specialty SKU's now in contrast with that horrific Halo 3 one that was really an insult to gamers. This one is even better than the RE5 bundle. Also an interesting little touch is that according to the official specs it comes with the wireless headest instead of the wired one. Pretty big deal imo as the wireless headset runs $60.

Not quite sure about this strategically as anytime they actually make the Elite more worth purchasing and less of a niche product, I think it is a danger to create a defacto price rise type of scenario, but thats another topic :p

I dont know if that's really on topic, but hey, you are getting stuff cheap :)

I always cant decide whether to post 360 SKU tweaks. Dont seem to deserve there own thread so I put them in the NPD thread or something.

Anyways that SKU is really quite nice value wise. MS is doing a lot of value in their specialty SKU's now in contrast with that horrific Halo 3 one that was really an insult to gamers. This one is even better than the RE5 bundle. Also an interesting little touch is that according to the official specs it comes with the wireless headest instead of the wired one. Pretty big deal imo as the wireless headset runs $60.

Not quite sure about this strategically as anytime they actually make the Elite more worth purchasing and less of a niche product, I think it is a danger to create a defacto price rise type of scenario, but thats another topic :p

Great value I agree. However, I double checked with Xbox.com & MajorNelson.com and they make no mention of the wireless headset being included. It's still the same black wired one you got before.

Even with it missing it's still a great value if you don't already have the games and Netflix.

Tommy McClain

I just picked up a 500GB Seagate Free Agent Go for $120 out the door at Fry's. You could put this into your PS3 and then use the case for the drive you replace. OTS FTW.

This will probably be your last chance to get a PS2 backwards compatible PS3 (new). 80GB MGS PS3 Bundle back in stock at Amazon for $499.

EDIT

Almost forgot, PS2 backwards compatibility along with SACD playback, 4 USB ports (instead of 2), and the built-in card readers (CF, MS Duo, and SD). That $100 difference may not be worth it to some, but I'm sure its worth it to others. From a convenience standpoint alone, all of those features are worth it to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad I got mine with the MGS4 bundle:D

I need to hit the used games section to pick up the games I missed out on during the PS2 era.

You can get a couple of slightly used PS3-Killzone2 bundle for £256.75 via amazon.uk

Not to mention the sales of games:
LBP: £7.50
KZ2: £26.98

Any PS3 owner not having LBP do not have any excuse any longer.

£7.50! They'll be giving it away soon. I guess they're making enough on the DLC that that's worth it. £2 for a dozen bitmaps - no wonder they don't want to allow image import!

Back