Of all the problems....

Dresden

Celebrating Mediocrity
Veteran
Today I finally put the finishing touches on my new computer I was in the process of building, and now after God showed mercy and it actually turned on relatively error free and after the installation of windows, when all of a sudden I can't connect to the internet. THE INTERNET! Of all the problems I expected to encounter this was certainly the last on my list. Simply put, I plug my ethernet cable in and it doesn't acknowledge it. I can't even create a new connection in my network connections.

Any ideas?

Thanks fellas-

Norton

aaaaand I resolved it. Perhaps I put this thread up too soon. My onboard lan must be messed up because i used an adapter and it works fine now.

Thanks anyway.

Most modern motherboards with built in lan ports need to have drivers loaded for them. You've probably just not isntalled them from the install CD. There may well be other useful things on there like sound drivers, GART drivers, USB drivers, etc.

Once you get access to the internet, there will probably be updated versions of the above on the relevant manufacturer websites.

Back