New Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition expansion, Return of Rome, featuring all the civs and campaigns from the original Age of Empires!

Cyan

orange
Legend
Supporter
I've found this today by sheer chance on a video and when I read about it I felt some kind of happiness and a will to live that I can't describe.

Return_Of_Rome.png

Steam forums kinda confirmed what I read.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/813780/discussions/0/5568165891225415145/?ctp=2

A dream come true for me since AoE1 is my favorite game ever in the Age of Empires series, and having it inside Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition will give AoE1 all the love it deserves, and if you can play the AoE1 custom campaigns from sites like Age of Empires Heaven, then it's already PERFECT.

for now there is this mod called AoE2: Rome at War that brings Rome as a civilization but adapting Rome and other civs of AoE1 to how AoE2 works. I haven't tried it yet, but the idea behind having AoE1 within AoE2 but keeping what made AoE1 special sounds excellent to me.

I hope the game's developers respect the original art style and do not convert units into AoE2 art style -which is also very good, but it's different-. Dunno if it's because of the interface, the era, the atmosphere .... but I find AoE1 more magical.

Even the MIDI soundtrack had that something different about it.

Back