NVIDIA's Trump Card

Natoma said:
Oi.... Just release the damn cards. :?

At least we know when ATI is releasing their stuff. Nvidia? Hello? Paper launched 3 weeks ago and nothing, nadda, el zippo? Gah. :rolleyes:

45 days from launch is the official tagline as I'm sure you already know. Some manufacturers are actually supposed to be releasing early this month, and Tamasi claims you'll definitely be able to get something by Memorial Day.

whatever gets me wickid hardware at low low prices...

while on the subject, was the Albatron site numbers brushed off as nonsense?
pretty insane specs if people doubt 475Mhz..

what if NV slapped "would be reject" chips on the preview samples?
time will tell how it all pans out i guess, 3 more days for ATIs launch is it?

Natoma said:
You're just guessing. I'm looking for an official statement. :p
I am NOT guessing! :oops:

I told you, my geek-sense got that special tingle about July....how more bloody official do you really need than that? :|

;)

jolle said:

Yeah, I'm thinking so. The funny thing is they still mention 600MHz on their site :)

Ardrid said:
Natoma said:
Oi.... Just release the damn cards. :?

At least we know when ATI is releasing their stuff. Nvidia? Hello? Paper launched 3 weeks ago and nothing, nadda, el zippo? Gah. :rolleyes:

45 days from launch is the official tagline as I'm sure you already know. Some manufacturers are actually supposed to be releasing early this month, and Tamasi claims you'll definitely be able to get something by Memorial Day.

After the NV30 debacle I'm having a difficult time believe Nvidia's release timetables. :)

digitalwanderer said:
Natoma said:
You're just guessing. I'm looking for an official statement. :p
I am NOT guessing! :oops:

I told you, my geek-sense got that special tingle about July....how more bloody official do you really need than that? :|

;)

You're special dig. :)

Ardrid said:
jolle said:

Yeah, I'm thinking so. The funny thing is they still mention 600MHz on their site :)

yeah, they still got 600mhz core and 1Ghz ram on there..
Dunno, they might be smoking something, planning some "out there" watercooled beast, or just mixing things up.. who knows..
but it hasnt been rectified, and its been out there for a while now..
tho most doesnt mention core speed, some say 400Mhz on their sites, some say nothing but if you do the math on the other numbers you get 400...
hehe, its quite tantalizing (spelling?)

digitalwanderer said:
Anyone else sort of find it funny that they specifically mention how nVidia is going to change the BIOS to adjust their clockspeed? It just sort of felt like they wanted to put in an extra technical term or something. :LOL:
'

Yes that is precisely the vibe I got. just like they use 128 bit fp32, and always say the same thing in a verbose repetitive way :)

just oogled this..
http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/video/display/20040428013643.html

Some stuff called Cellmath, or something..

Applying it to math-critical blocks in graphics chips can reduce overall chip area by up to 10%, saving millions of dollars in manufacturing costs for each design. It also improves performance in processor designs in varying degrees, depending on the application.

It may emerge that the whole GeForce 6-series (NV4x-family) of graphics processors already uses the CellMath capabilities to boost efficiency of integrated circuits, however, NVIDIA has never announced this.

If they up the core, that might be why.. cause they can.. dunno..

tazdevl said:
MuFu said:
PatrickL said:
Should be nice to stop to link every inquirer post :rolleyes:

Especially ones that echo what has been said on here for weeks.

A lot of what's been echoed has been the release of a new uber card instead of a BIOS modified Ultra that runs at a faster clock.
Actually, the speculation was that nV planned to up the clocks before shipping all along, especially given that their dev samples (UE3, Vegetto's cousin's uncle's roommate's parrot's) had 475MHz cores (though UE3 showed some artifacting, so stepping down to 450MHz may correct that). And it seems to me the BIOS controls clock speeds, so how else would they modify them? eVGA did the same with their 5900U (then later had to reduce speeds because of problems).

UE3 had artifacting? I never noticed, then again the vid is all ive seen and its pretty damn lowres..
where you get that from? never heard it before hehe..

jolle said:
Ardrid said:
jolle said:
UE3 had artifacting? I never noticed, then again the vid is all ive seen and its pretty damn lowres..
where you get that from? never heard it before hehe..

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=15115

oh.. them..
EDIt
Sais UT2k4 there tho.. not UE3.0

Yeah, I just caught that. Well, I know there was news around somewhere about UE3 artifacts. Pete should know since he mentioned it.

DaveBaumann said:
AFAIK the reference clocks of the Ultra do no move.
I still say that it's another card. Maybe the GT, unless we have evidence to the contrary. I mean, if you look at cars, GT says "UBER PERFORMANCE MODEL," not "Relatively High-End But We Still Make Faster Ones."

Back