nVidia's Enemy List

Status
Not open for further replies.
PD said:
if you recall what i said to you, i said that if you needed help, if, after a year or so - after all the time and effort you'd put in for nothing - if 'bit-tech' couldn't stand on its own feet, and still wasn't in a position to pay you, and just simply couldn't help you any more, i would help you. HEXUS would help you.

On that personal note, then, I'm sure you will join with me in openly congratulating Tim on securing employment with bit-tech that will give him the financial and creative freedom he so clearly deserves. :D

-Wil

You know... if Hexus wanted to help me, I would be more than willing to let them! With the strength of the Pound against the Dollar, it might even be cost effective for you!

dizietsma said:
Can I ask PD how ATi treated Hexxus after the infamous 5700U test...
hi dizietsma,

please understand that i was with The INQUIRER at that time - in fact i wrote up the episode on L'INQ (and David and Rys loved it! :D ) - however, i do know something of the affair.

dizietsma said:
.. were you ever in threat of going on ATi's blacklist, at least temporarily ?
at that time the HEXUS – ATi 'relationship', was already close to nonsense; as i understand it many ATi Press relationships simply were not what they are now.

fortunately for ATi , the person within ATi Europe that was responsible for that situation has now been removed. this seems to have allowed ATi to more effectively unleash it's current PR weapons - Chris Hook, who stepped forward to replace the previous EMEA PR Manager who was based in Germany, and Andrzej Bania assumed sensible responsibility in the UK (from an external PR company that ATi seem more than unlikely to ever engage again...)

Kombatant said:
Mhm, Fudo's command of the english language never seizes to amaze me :LOL:
hi again Panagiotis,

imho Fudo's command of both conversational and technical English is quite excellent.

furhermore, although i can't speak any German, when spending time with Fudo at CeBIT (in Hannover, Germany) it seems to me, he also has the ability to communicate fluently in German.

i think it's very bad form to be impolite about peoples efforts to communicate in a language that's not their native tongue.

surely the balance of probability is that Fuad's English is far, far better than the Bosnian of the majority of The INQUIRER's readership?...

imho Mike has got the balance of The INQUIRER about right – in many respects, like most publications i read, The INQUIRER, is a commercial publication that seeks to entertain as well as inform.

The INQUIRER is commercially successful and it entertains.

it sure seems to consistently give the Beyond3D forums plenty of fresh fodder for lively discussion... :)

i suggest that although arguably desirable, the costs involved in much more sub-editing than already goes on is unlikely to make Mike a lot more money than he already does.

bigz said:
Right, so you employing me had nothing to do with my abilities,
no Tim, that's not “rightâ€.

if you take the time to read and really try and understand what i said – which was 'i definitely don't want you to think that there ever was a paid position for you at HEXUS based solely upon your abilities. there's not, and there certainly wasn't at any time before', you'll see that i accept that you have some value in a supporting role, but i'm not convinced that you yet fully understand all the subjects you're write about, and HEXUS isn't in the business of misleading its readership, so you're not a risk i'd want to take on board as a publications leading technical reource.

bigz said:
...it was just another way of stiffing Wil over?
no, that's, obviously, not “right†either.

again, if you take the time to read and try and understand what i said, i specifically emphasised that if 'bit-tech' was not able to help you (ergo - if Will was not able to help you) then i would help you. HEXUS would help you.

bigz said:
I'm mentally and emotionally stable, so that approach doesn't work, whythankyouverymuch.
again you seem to be confused, perhaps even paranoid – what approach, and approach to what end, are you babbling about?

bigz said:
Your implications that bit-tech, the publication that I happen to write for, are incapable of reporting the facts.
now come on Tim - where on earth did you get this? "The lady doth protest too much, methinks"...

bigz said:
I understand that I may well have got the wrong end of the stick,
if you understand that you have based your clumsy, ill-judged public diatribe on a mistake, on the basis of your reading what you think, rather than what was actually written, are you big enough to apologise in public?...

bigz said:
but the way that Paul has communicated his feelings in this thread could be implicated in a totally different way to what he might have wanted them to be portrayed. All I will say is be careful of the double-edged sword, there are often two ways that something can be portrayed. Make sure you don't fall in to the same trap.
are you saying that your mistakes are now my fault?

bigz said:
Make sure you don't fall in to the same trap.
i don't think that's possible – it all seems in your head.

please can we end this now?

cheers,

PD

Yesterday, my dog decided to go shit in my neighbour's house. Although he always appear as a likeable mutt, I guess he really hasn't much in the way of manners.

haz said:
PD said:
if you recall what i said to you, i said that if you needed help, if, after a year or so - after all the time and effort you'd put in for nothing - if 'bit-tech' couldn't stand on its own feet, and still wasn't in a position to pay you, and just simply couldn't help you any more, i would help you. HEXUS would help you.

On that personal note, then, I'm sure you will join with me in openly congratulating Tim on securing employment with bit-tech that will give him the financial and creative freedom he so clearly deserves. :D
hi Will,

if the 'you selling out' story at The INQUIRER is true, and it really makes Tim happy on every level, then of course i'm happy for him.

haz said:
... that will give him... ...creative freedom...
oh - quote="bigz" "I miss being a Wazzer, back when we could discuss the latest developments on Space-Hopper influenced publications" - the irony... :oops:

Reverend said:
Yesterday, my dog decided to go shit in my neighbour's house. Although he always appear as a likeable mutt, I guess he really hasn't much in the way of manners.
oh, the irony... :LOL:

cheers,

PD

Anybody who is aware of what occured after 3DV revealed the shortcomings of the FX would not question that there are blacklists. My view is that the FX would have been hailed as bringing DX9 features to the mainstream while also enhancing performance in current games. ATi went all out for DX9 & allowed the FX to have the advantage in, the then, current games.

While I no longer have any connection to 3DV, due to ill health, I am aware that other Companies "suggested" to 3DV that there would be benefits to publishing reviews that were acceptable.

"it's a dirty business." As someone once said.

The truly sad thing is that the author of the article that exposed the DX9 shortcomings, compared to the R300, of the FX was a fan of nVidia. His mistake was being honest.
"Wavey" Dave knows who I'm refering to.

You just have to come back for another round don't you, Paul.

PD said:
bigz said:
no Tim, that's not “rightâ€￾.

if you take the time to read and really try and understand what i said – which was 'i definitely don't want you to think that there ever was a paid position for you at HEXUS based solely upon your abilities. there's not, and there certainly wasn't at any time before', you'll see that i accept that you have some value in a supporting role, but i'm not convinced that you yet fully understand all the subjects you're write about, and HEXUS isn't in the business of misleading its readership, so you're not a risk i'd want to take on board as a publications leading technical reource.
That's your opinion, thanks for expressing it, but I believe that you are making a grave misjudgement. Also, by that you are implying that I spend my time misleading bit-tech's readership. As I have said before, be careful what you say - there's a double edged sword.

bigz said:
I'm mentally and emotionally stable, so that approach doesn't work, whythankyouverymuch.
again you seem to be confused, perhaps even paranoid – what approach, and approach to what end, are you babbling about?
What? You're the first person I've ever seen/heard say that I am paranoid... Interesting, that sheds new light on things.

bigz said:
Your implications that bit-tech, the publication that I happen to write for, are incapable of reporting the facts.
now come on Tim - where on earth did you get this? "The lady doth protest too much, methinks"...
As I said, your words could have been put down in many better ways. If it wasn't for Rys' translation, I would still believe what you'd implied originally.

bigz said:
if you understand that you have based your clumsy, ill-judged public diatribe on a mistake, on the basis of your reading what you think, rather than what was actually written, are you big enough to apologise in public?...
I don't think there's a need for an apology of any sorts - I've done nothing wrong at all.

bigz said:
but the way that Paul has communicated his feelings in this thread could be implicated in a totally different way to what he might have wanted them to be portrayed. All I will say is be careful of the double-edged sword, there are often two ways that something can be portrayed. Make sure you don't fall in to the same trap.
No, not at all, but it could have been helped if you'd have communicated in a way with a single meaning.

bigz said:
Whatever, get over it.

oh - quote="bigz" "I miss being a Wazzer, back when we could discuss the latest developments on Space-Hopper influenced publications" - the irony... :oops:
You seem to have a large chip on your shoulder, Paul, why is this? Do you not like a bit of competition?

PD said:
Kombatant said:
hi again Panagiotis,

imho Fudo's command of both conversational and technical English is quite excellent.

furhermore, although i can't speak any German, when spending time with Fudo at CeBIT (in Hannover, Germany) it seems to me, he also has the ability to communicate fluently in German.

i think it's very bad form to be impolite about peoples efforts to communicate in a language that's not their native tongue.

surely the balance of probability is that Fuad's English is far, far better than the Bosnian of the majority of The INQUIRER's readership?...

imho Mike has got the balance of The INQUIRER about right – in many respects, like most publications i read, The INQUIRER, is a commercial publication that seeks to entertain as well as inform.

The INQUIRER is commercially successful and it entertains.

it sure seems to consistently give the Beyond3D forums plenty of fresh fodder for lively discussion... :)

i suggest that although arguably desirable, the costs involved in much more sub-editing than already goes on is unlikely to make Mike a lot more money than he already does.
Being Greek myself, English is not my mother tongue as well; so spelling and syntax errors are (hopefully) tolerable by my English fellow forum members. When you try to command a language that is not your own, you are bound to make mistakes, and funny ones at that; I have laughed many times at things I have written simply because they didn't make much sense when read a second time :D So my reference to Fuad's english-speaking abilities had no intention of being impolite or anything in that regard; it's just the way it is (or how I perceive it anyway). If anyone thinks I was rude, I apologise; that was never my intention.
Pete said:
Kombatant said:
Irony, the gift that keeps on giving. :D

See? Just what I was talking about... busted :LOL: (and I looked it up before posting - you can't trust those online dictionary things these days :oops: )
entry found for seizes.
seize Audio pronunciation of "seizes" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (sz)
v. seized, seiz·ing, seiz·es
v. tr.

1. To grasp suddenly and forcibly; take or grab: seize a sword.
1. To grasp with the mind; apprehend: seize an idea and develop it to the fullest extent.
2. To possess oneself of (something): seize an opportunity.
1. To have a sudden overwhelming effect on: a heinous crime that seized the minds and emotions of the populace.
2. To overwhelm physically: a person who was seized with a terminal disease.
4. To take into custody; capture.
5. To take quick and forcible possession of; confiscate: seize a cache of illegal drugs.
6. also seise (sz)
1. To put (one) into possession of something.
2. To vest ownership of a feudal property in.
7. Nautical. To bind (a rope) to another, or to a spar, with turns of small line.

v. intr.

1. To lay sudden or forcible hold of.
1. To cohere or fuse with another part as a result of high pressure or temperature and restrict or prevent further motion or flow.
2. To come to a halt: The talks seized up and were rescheduled.
3. To exhibit symptoms of seizure activity, usually with convulsions.

bigz said:
You just have to come back for another round don't you, Paul.

PD said:
bigz said:
no Tim, that's not “rightâ€￾.

That's your opinion, thanks for expressing it, but I believe that you are making a grave misjudgement. Also, by that you are implying that I spend my time misleading bit-tech's readership. As I have said before, be careful what you say - there's a double edged sword.

bigz said:
What? You're the first person I've ever seen/heard say that I am paranoid... Interesting, that sheds new light on things.

bigz said:
As I said, your words could have been put down in many better ways. If it wasn't for Rys' translation, I would still believe what you'd implied originally.

bigz said:
I don't think there's a need for an apology of any sorts - I've done nothing wrong at all.

bigz said:
No, not at all, but it could have been helped if you'd have communicated in a way with a single meaning.

bigz said:
Whatever, get over it.

You seem to have a large chip on your shoulder, Paul, why is this? Do you not like a bit of competition?

WOW! I can cancel my TV subscription! This is better than paying to view a reality TV show. :?

You guys have heard of e-mail, Telephone &, even, writing a letter? If you really want to be radical you might even agree to meet face to face to sort out any issues you have.

PD and bigz, you need to take this to PM......first, it's way off topic, second, this is not a place to air personal dirty laundry...... no matter how much some of us like to look at the stains........ :rolleyes:

2senile said:
The truly sad thing is that the author of the article that exposed the DX9 shortcomings, compared to the R300, of the FX was a fan of nVidia. His mistake was being honest.
Honesty is seldom a mistake, the author did good.

martrox said:
PD and bigz, you need to take this to PM......first, it's way off topic, second, this is not a place to air personal dirty laundry...... no matter how much some of us like to look at the stains........ :rolleyes:
Damn it, how can you get the stains out if you don't look at 'em carefully and figure out how?
(I've been doing laundry today, I know of that which I speak. ;) )

I started this thread Martrox, and I'd be quite fine with it being locked at this point.

A little light entertainment has turned into more drama than I care to have around here on one of "my" threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back