nVidia's Enemy List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geo

Mostly Harmless
Legend
as Nvidia thinks that I am biased towards ATI and Nvidia won't fire their love our way until I learn to behave. We heard this from the mouths of Nvidia employees twice at the last few tradeshows. The green company thinks this because that's what it believes. But it's wrong, for the record. And if they heard ATI people go wild as they sometimes do, perhaps Nvidia would stop being so stubborn. µ

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=23388

Wow. Maybe this help explains hardcore nvidia types in the fan community parking anyone in the less-than-total-obeisance-to-NV camp as a hopeless ATI f@nboi. Top-down paranoia spreading. I mean, INQ? They are equal opportunity annoyers.

I personally believe nVidia does have a blacklist, yes.
bleh2.gif

I've been told by an nV PR rep that a blacklist doesn't exist, but I've been told by other people close to nV that one does indeed exist and nV keeps it updated vigorously. I'm on it (or at least Rage3D is), and apparently so are a few of the other regulars here.

I dislike believing in those kind of conspiracy stories, but I guess it can happen. Those kinds of lists do save time in actually thinking.

I'm not on the Nvidia one then again I don't think I would measure a blip on the radar. Actually if I was to be on a list it would be ATI's I believe :/

Xmas said:
If I were some company's PR rep, I wouldn't want to talk to the Inq either.

Possibly, but that's a different point than:

as Nvidia thinks that I am biased towards ATI and Nvidia won't fire their love our way until I learn to behave. We heard this from the mouths of Nvidia employees. . .

Wouldn't you say?

It's different, but about the same direction. Why would I want to talk to someone that [is | I percieve as] biased against me?

Xmas said:
It's different, but about the same direction. Why would I want to talk to someone that [is | I percieve as] biased against me?

Yes, but you are one level of detail too high there. Would that answer seem appropriate if the story was "Insiders reveal Pope Benedict XVI considered ATI F@nboi by NV"? Or would you say, "hey, waitaminute, why the hell are they doing something as ridiculous as considering the Pope an ATI F@nboi?"

It seems nearly that ridiculous to put INQ in that catagory in the first place, and raises (in my mind at least) the issue of how many other folks/entities have been similarly inappropriately catagorized by NV, and how that seeps thru the community in distasteful ways.

geo said:
Yes, but you are one level of detail too high there. Would that answer seem appropriate if the story was "Insiders reveal Pope Benedict XVI considered ATI F@nboi by NV"? Or would you say, "hey, waitaminute, why the hell are they doing something as ridiculous as considering the Pope an ATI F@nboi?"

It seems nearly that ridiculous to put INQ in that catagory in the first place, and raises (in my mind at least) the issue of how many other folks/entities have been similarly inappropriately catagorized by NV, and how that seeps thru the community in distasteful ways.
While I don't think the Inq is really all that biased, I can see how someone (especially if those are biased themselves) could percieve the Inq as biased. I mean, it's not that they present their newsbits in a "neutral" tone.
And you don't really want to compare the Inq to the pope, do you? ;) At least the pope doesn't comment on the graphics card business.

Besides, we don't know how accurate Fudo's presentation of the issue is.

Xmas said:
While I don't think the Inq is really all that biased

I don't think the Inquirer is at all biased - how can they be when they are willing to post every rumour (good or bad) about each product as if it was a certain fact? I mean, bloody hell, they even contradict themselves from day to day! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back