nVidia's Enemy List

Status
Not open for further replies.
IbaneZ said:
Speaking of blind fanboi site..
NVIDIA is willing to send cards to ************.net, so i can't see why Rage 3D shouldn't get any. ;)
AH-HA! I think I figured out who ************.net is finally.
(Yeah, I'm a bit slow today. :oops: )

Just to make sure please tell me one thing, did I used to work there? :|

Tim/bigz,

I was going to post this in a private message, but now my feeling is that we should get all this nonsense done and finished out in the open, so everyone can learn the lesson that this stuff is just wrong, pointless and brings out the bad side in people.

So yes, let's deal with this and get back on topic.

I really thing you've got it wrong, which I hate to see you do :(

bigz said:
You won't understand geo, and I'm not about to spend time explaining things to you. In very simple terms, Paul chose to bring some inter-site differences on to an independent public forum, which is very big and clever.

Let's get this thread back on topic, huh?

I completely disagree :!: Look at what he wrote, and I assure you that I was there in the room talking to him about this thread when he wrote the post you're annoyed at, and I would not have been happy if he'd have done what you're seemingly suggesting.

You seem to have missed out the 'i.e.' in his post, with which I'm sure PD means to say 'for example', or 'e.g.' but has maybe misused his Latin here. By not bringing up yourself at bit-tech is not damning to you, rather PD is simply bringing up Dave (obviously) and myself (obviously, since he's my boss and I hope he has some faith in what I do) as examples.

You seem to be annoyed that PD didn't mention you by name, and in my opinion, you've entirely misread things. Is it not true that PD has tried to help you over the years, and tried to offer you a place with us to help you? You're spinning things the wrong way dude, completely the wrong way :!: He'd have not done that if he thought you weren't able to bring something to HEXUS. He's not stupid, and he had faith in you at that time, as I've done many a time talking to you about working for us. There are many things you can level at PD, but being stupid isn't one of them. Please, for the sake of us all, don't bring up the fact he's old :!:

This entire subject of shit lists is laughable, completely laughable. At the end of the day, who really cares dude? If you're not being sampled or whatever, just do the best with what you've got, because at the end of the day your persistence will pay off, if you have anything competent to say (which I personally feel that you do), and IHVs and AIBs will have no choice but to submit and see that you're fair and honest and someone to work with regardless of their overriding feelings.

And it's got your panties in a bunch over absolutely nothing. There's no topic here, especially not one that Fudo is bringing up. You've let something so inconsequential rile you up and make you post something which I'm sure you'll end up regretting.

Throwing that kind of stone, when you know everything that's gone on over the last year or so, makes me sad and disappointed. :(

Hi Tim,

bigz said:
You never cease to make me laugh Paul,...
er, am i missing something?

bigz said:
...and it makes me laugh even more when I keep getting offered jobs at Hexus.
not sure why you've brought this up here, particularly in a thread about an INQUIRER story that Fudo wrote?... bizarre...

...the only reason i can think of is that perhaps you feel it somehow validates your competence or value?

as it's a subject you've raised, and seem to want to get off your chest here, i'm happy to debate what was said, and why it was said...

besides you seem to have done the very thing you are, obviously wrongly, accusing me of – and in so doing rather forcing my hand...

bigz said:
You really think I'd want a job at Hexus when its staff can do nothing more than insult me.
er, no. no i don't.

i'm really not sure who's insulted you Tim, and i definitely don't want you to think that there ever was a paid position for you at HEXUS based solely upon your abilities. there's not, and there certainly wasn't at any time before.

what there was - months and months and months ago - was a genuine offer of assistance to someone who seemed in a personal and professional crisis...

if you recall what i said to you, i said that if you needed help, if, after a year or so - after all the time and effort you'd put in for nothing - if 'bit-tech' couldn't stand on its own feet, and still wasn't in a position to pay you, and just simply couldn't help you any more, i would help you. HEXUS would help you.

my thoughts were - that you're a nice guy; you were vocal around the industry in your increasingly obvious frustration and unhappiness at the way things were going with 'bit-tech' (Will writing up stuff at The INQUIRER and Geoff not bringing any money in); you needed a job that paid more than your job at Tescos, and you seemed in danger of becoming seriously depressed.

so, what was on 'offer' from David and i at that time, what was discussed, was a junior, but paid, position, to deputise to Rys, Tarinder and other HEXUS editorial staff; to cover partner products – specifically not reference hardware, as we believe that to do this ethically requires a genuine level of expertise.

so there it is, plain and simple.

bigz said:
I had a lot of respect for you a long time ago, and now you've just lost the final ounce of respect I had for you. Congratulations.
i'm not sure whether i should thank you or caution you in what appears to be arrogance...

bigz said:
Seriously, leave the insults for face to face - this is the internet.
yep, i've definitely missed something here... i just can't see where you've been insulted Tim?

imho you've made an error of judgement here...

notwithstanding this, i hope things work out at Trusted Reviews for you.

cheers,

PD

Wow, I didn't even have to ask! :oops:

Don't worry, I won't post up about this anywhere...it's purely for my own enjoyment tonight. ;)

Sorry for the interruption, please carry on.

popc1.gif

How is it conceivable to have four pages of arguments, between conspiracists, paranoid fan-boys, internet tough guys and editorial staff from some hardware websites, based on this quote from Fudo:
L'Inq's Fudo said:
But why would you listen to me, "Fudo likes bunnies" as Nvidia thinks that I am biased towards ATI and Nvidia won't fire their love our way until I learn to behave. We heard this from the mouths of Nvidia employees twice at the last few tradeshows. The green company thinks this because that's what it believes. But it's wrong, for the record. And if they heard ATI people go wild as they sometimes do, perhaps Nvidia would stop being so stubborn. µ
I mean, come on... :LOL:

Vysez said:
How is it conceivable to have four pages of arguments, between conspiracists, paranoid fan-boys, internet tough guys and editorial staff from some hardware websites, based on this quote from Fudo:
L'Inq's Fudo said:
But why would you listen to me, "Fudo likes bunnies" as Nvidia thinks that I am biased towards ATI and Nvidia won't fire their love our way until I learn to behave. We heard this from the mouths of Nvidia employees twice at the last few tradeshows. The green company thinks this because that's what it believes. But it's wrong, for the record. And if they heard ATI people go wild as they sometimes do, perhaps Nvidia would stop being so stubborn. µ
lol :LOL:

Vysez said:
yes! :LOL:

Vysez said:
L'Inq's Fudo said:
remember this? we're pros at turning stupid things into insanely long threads.

The Baron said:
remember this? we're pros at turning stupid things into insanely long threads.
Wiser words have never been spoken.

Although, I thought we had a "standard" for this kind of thread. This standard includes threads with mentions of "extreme pipelines", "auto-overclocking devices", "twice the performance of *", "a stupid bird told me *", "* drivers do shaders replacement", etc...

But a huge thread started because of a bunny lover engrish talking Inquirer dude being on some imaginary blacklist is definitely sub standard.

By the way, 72 pages! What the hell were they discussing by the end of that thread, extremely extreme auto-overclocking pipelines?

To answer PD's question on who the fanboy site was, the poster was suggesting Driverheaven.net was such. I get the feeling he knows that already though.....

Can I ask PD how ATi treated Hexxus after the infamous 5700U test .. were you ever in threat of going on ATi's blacklist, at least temporarily ?

Vysez said:
L'Inq's Fudo said:

Mhm, Fudo's command of the english language never seizes to amaze me :LOL:

i'm really not sure who's insulted you Tim, and i definitely don't want you to think that there ever was a paid position for you at HEXUS based solely upon your abilities. there's not, and there certainly wasn't at any time before.

Right, so you employing me had nothing to do with my abilities, it was just another way of stiffing Wil over? I'm mentally and emotionally stable, so that approach doesn't work, whythankyouverymuch.

i just can't see where you've been insulted Tim?

Your implications that bit-tech, the publication that I happen to write for, are incapable of reporting the facts.

Rys:

I understand that I may well have got the wrong end of the stick, but the way that Paul has communicated his feelings in this thread could be implicated in a totally different way to what he might have wanted them to be portrayed. All I will say is be careful of the double-edged sword, there are often two ways that something can be portrayed. Make sure you don't fall in to the same trap.

bigz said:
DaveBaumann said:
Eh? Wazz flashbacks!! ;)
Looks that way Dave, I just hope that B3D forums aren't closed down for the same reasons. :?

You're kidding :?: We're just a bunch of hacks with our handbags out. At the end of the day, we're all still mates and it's all just a pissing match for no gain at all.

Let's just let bygones be bygones and drop it all. It all used to be so much nicer in our little stomping ground. Here's to many drinks and laughs in Taipei v.soon dude.

iloveyou.gif

Rys said:
bigz said:
DaveBaumann said:
Eh? Wazz flashbacks!! ;)
Looks that way Dave, I just hope that B3D forums aren't closed down for the same reasons. :?

You're kidding :?:

I was not implying that Beyond3D's forums would shut down, but this does bring back flashbacks of the infamous closedown of the Waz, where WazFatherâ„¢ decided that enough was enough, and that Wazzers had taken the squabbling a little bit too far. I miss being a Wazzer, back when we could discuss the latest developments on Space-Hopper influenced publications. ;)

I don't miss the squabbling though. :)

Digi - the Waz was a UK hack thing, but it no longer exists. ;)

bigz said:
I miss being a Wazzer, back when we could discuss the latest developments on Space-Hopper influenced publications. ;)

I don't miss the squabbling though. :)

Digi - the Waz was a UK hack thing, but it no longer exists. ;)

:LOL:

Yes, I do miss the Waz come to think of it. We need to make more of the faff...

yes, there's too much friction on there at the moment, and also too much talk of 'The Escapist' as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back