nVidia's Enemy List

Status
Not open for further replies.
bigz said:
ATI have one too... ;)
hi Tim, as i understand it - and i'm more than confident i do - ATi categorise and prioritise publications primarily based upon true, relevant reach and core competence (i.e. a genuine and thorough understanding of the subject matter, upon which others can be honestly guided in buying decisions e.g. Beyond3D/Baumann and HEXUS/Rys) and secondly if it can consistently rely upon a publication to write nice things about its products and technology.

bigz said:
what does your winking mean?

Kombatant said:
That's a general misconception really... Rage3D is an ATI fansite, but not a blind fanboi site...
hi Panagiotis, ooi and just so's i'm real clear, please could you define a "fansite" and a "blind fanboi" site, perhaps highlighting the differences, and any similarities, between the two ?

cheers,

PD

PD said:
hi Panagiotis, ooi and just so's i'm real clear, please could you define a "fansite" and a "blind fanboi" site, perhaps highlighting the differences, and any similarities, between the two ?

cheers,

PD

Well, it's simple really... when you review a product, it has its pros and cons. If you want to be in "blind fanboy" mode, you downplay the cons and you exaggerate the pros. I believe that, over at Rage3D, we just tell it like it is when we review a product. When we don't like something, we just say it. A fansite will follow a certain company's products, but will be highly critical of them when something goes wrong and will not pretend everything's peachy.

Hope I make sense :)

cool - ok - thx - that helps somewhat... :)

please could you give us a practical example of a "blind fanboi" site ?

cheers,

PD

Speaking of blind fanboi site..
NVIDIA is willing to send cards to ************.net, so i can't see why Rage 3D shouldn't get any. ;)
I'm sure they'd do a fine job. Come on NV, send 'em a 7800 GTX. :)

hi IbaneZ,

is there a swearfilter on this message board?

was the site you mentioned a pr0n site or something?

cheers,

PD

I don't want to point fingers, that was never my intention anyway; what I am trying to say is that Rage3D's reviews are not biased and as long as Ratchet and the gang have something to say about it, never will.

digitalwanderer said:
Give it up already Kombatant, that place (spit-spit!) lost all credibility when I stopped hanging around there. :rolleyes:

;)
Aww, just when I was about to unban you too! ;)

Ratchet said:
digitalwanderer said:
Give it up already Kombatant, that place (spit-spit!) lost all credibility when I stopped hanging around there. :rolleyes:

;)
Aww, just when I was about to unban you too! ;)

Well, there's proof positive that Digi didn't know I'd been doing some quiet pleading in his behalf. Ah well. :cry:

geo said:
Well, there's proof positive that Digi didn't know I'd been doing some quiet pleading in his behalf. Ah well. :cry:
Please don't on my behalf, I'm pretty sure they'd never agree to the "crawl a mile thru broken glass to kiss the Digi's ring" condition anyways. ;)

digitalwanderer said:
geo said:
Please don't on my behalf, I'm pretty sure they'd never agree to the "crawl a mile thru broken glass to kiss the Digi's ring" condition anyways. ;)
Actually, we don't care one way or the other. If you want back in you only have to ask. We'll then discuss it amongst ourselves and make the final decision. We do it this way for everyone.

digitalwanderer said:
geo said:

Well, it really wasn't in your behalf. I just think you liven/lighten up a community and aren't afraid to ask the obvious questions that can help bring some light for those of us who aren't as technical.

Y'know, when you aren't taking the battleax to somebody. :LOL: But I haven't seen you do that in earnest in quite some time.

I have no clue what you're all going on about, I'm a very calm and reasonable person at all times who never lets his emotions control his actions...
bleh2.gif

So what were we talking about, nVidia's blacklist? I'm trying to decide if they have an actual accounting somewhere of who their "friends and enemies" are.

I would love to see that list! :devilish:

(If it exists I mean. ;) )

Kombatant said:
A fansite will follow a certain company's products, but will be highly critical of them when something goes wrong and will not pretend everything's peachy.

I guess rage3d isn't a fansite? Since they denied a video card can kill your monitor? ( Which of course it can).

bloodbob said:
Kombatant said:
A fansite will follow a certain company's products, but will be highly critical of them when something goes wrong and will not pretend everything's peachy.

I guess rage3d isn't a fansite? Since they denied a video card can kill your monitor? ( Which of course it can).
Where did Rage3D deny that?

PD said:
bigz said:
ATI have one too... ;)
hi Tim, as i understand it - and i'm more than confident i do - ATi categorise and prioritise publications primarily based upon true, relevant reach and core competence (i.e. a genuine and thorough understanding of the subject matter, upon which others can be honestly guided in buying decisions e.g. Beyond3D/Baumann and HEXUS/Rys) and secondly if it can consistently rely upon a publication to write nice things about its products and technology.

bigz said:
what does your winking mean?

Kombatant said:
That's a general misconception really... Rage3D is an ATI fansite, but not a blind fanboi site...

cheers,

PD

You never cease to make me laugh Paul, and it makes me laugh even more when I keep getting offered jobs at Hexus. You really think I'd want a job at Hexus when its staff can do nothing more than insult me. I had a lot of respect for you a long time ago, and now you've just lost the final ounce of respect I had for you. Congratulations. Seriously, leave the insults for face to face - this is the internet.

Wow! I feel so left out. :cry: Somebody insulted somebody else so darn bad they lost a last ounce of respect and it all went completly over my head. Must be some serious History there. But other than Digi, I'm not sure the rest of us want to hear about it here. OTOH, the No Holds Barred section at EB is open to all pugilists. :LOL:

You won't understand geo, and I'm not about to spend time explaining things to you. In very simple terms, Paul chose to bring some inter-site differences on to an independent public forum, which is very big and clever.

Let's get this thread back on topic, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back