Nvidia's 3000 Series RTX GPU [3090s with different memory capacity]

According to Andreas Schilling from HardwareLuxx, this connector is actually compatible with NVIDIA RTX 30 Founders Edition 12-pin cable, also known as “Molex MicroFit 3.0 dual row (12 circuits)”. The cable is not only physically identical but also supplies the same amount power. This basically means that NVIDIA implemented the next-gen connector nearly more than a year before the standard has even been shown.
https://videocardz.com/newz/pcie-ge...mpatible-with-geforce-rtx-30-founders-edition

Updated 02/11/2022 1:41 p.m
Two weeks after the market launch, the GeForce RTX 3050 is now available directly from stock from numerous retailers in the price range of 380 to 450 euros. The graphics card still costs at least 100 euros more than the RRP specified by Nvidia for entry-level models, but it is significantly below the level at the start, when prices of over 600 euros were quickly called for in some cases.
However, the price development was also necessary, because the price of the Radeon RX 6600, which also has 8 GB of memory, higher rasterizer and comparable RT performance, has fallen again and is now available from 450 euros. On the other hand, there were no changes with Nvidia's next larger graphics card: The GeForce RTX 2060 12 GB still costs at least 500 euros.
https://www.computerbase.de/2022-01/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3050-test/

If the new 3050 with the ga107 GPU in it is the same price as a 6600 which would you get?

I'm thinking the 6600 would still have the performance edge, but I haven't kept really close track since none of them are viable options for me right now. ;)

Due to high differences in performance of various rendering scenarios, it will still come down to personal preferences. 115 Watts is quite nice for what we got in recent years.

Due to high differences in performance of various rendering scenarios, it will still come down to personal preferences. 115 Watts is quite nice for what we got in recent years.
Is it? A 1060 was released 5 or 6 years ago with 120 watt tdp and similar performance. 2 architectures later and possibly more than 1 node improvement depending on how you view 12nm and they have improved power efficiency by a few percent.

Is it? A 1060 was released 5 or 6 years ago with 120 watt tdp and similar performance. 2 architectures later and possibly more than 1 node improvement depending on how you view 12nm and they have improved power efficiency by a few percent.
How well does 1060 run Metro Exodus EE?

I get that. I've sort of tried to totally ignore the 6500 since it's just so awful, the 3050 is a real card at least. ;)
Not sure how it happened TBH. Reading Putas' post about 115 watts being nice these days immediately brought the 6500xt into my brain. 3050 although overpriced is a decent product.

I would have prefered 6 GB ( I am aware of the memory configuration but maybe they could have used the laptop 3060 card as basis) so it can be the ultimate entry level card, but yeah this is a very clever move by Nvidia.

Will be a great gaming card at Series S texture quality settings in the future when the DX12U features are in place.

Back