Nvidia Pascal Reviews [1080XP, 1080ti, 1080, 1070ti, 1070, 1060, 1050, and 1030]

Looking at that relative comparison on 960 vs 1060, 1060 (at least in reference clock) is definitely below 980 in TR. I'm looking at 960 and 980 benchmark, 980 is more than 3x faster vs 960 in TR. It is also slower than 480 in TR.
In Witcher and Overwatch, 1060 should be close with 980 (980 probably a bit faster). If 1060 is as easy to OC as 1080/1070, it should easily be faster than 980 in Witcher and Overwatch, but probably still behind in TR.

I apologize if I missed it, but what resolution/settings are those comparisons at?

It turns out that if 960 isn't running out of memory in TR, then the relative performance between 960 vs 980 and 960 vs 1060 should be similar. They have 2GB and 4GB version for 960.

index.php

rise_of_the_tomb_raider_pc_graphics_performance_benchmark_review,10.html

Based on these benchmark it's close to 980. I know that in Overwatch 980 is around 90% faster than 960 4GB.

Why ppl would compare a so light game as OW? I think even the 460 can run it at 60 fps

Enviado desde mi HTC One mediante Tapatalk

Its one of the most played game around the world. I agree its not the best game to use as an example for graphics performance.

Well the most played game in the world is LoL and we don't see this performance graph of 970 spitting 500 FPS vs 480 spitting 550. I can see it from the marketing perspective of blizzard giving money to appear in as many things as they can but still.

At the extreme's of overclocking, looks like the 1080 has now finally overtaken the 980ti as the card to set new benchmark records 3dMark05.
Dancop scored 85,175 with an Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix OC : http://hwbot.org/newsflash/3752_dan..._record_plus_aquamark_1x_gpu_global_1st_place
Just a month earlier it was increased to 84,337 by a 980 ti: http://hwbot.org/newsflash/3651_dinos22_and_teamau_go_on_3d_rampage_claim_5_world_records/

As mentioned these are both at the very extremes of OCing in some ways but not all.
It was thought that when it came to OCing the 980ti had an advantage, but that may be more for standard models and will be interesting to see if any custom AIB 1080 will be enabled to have increased power target/core voltage even to say 1.21V.
Caveat is it will take time to see how this correlates to the more modern benchmark tests, but seems to be a start.
Cheers

Edit:
Forgot to also show how he is pushing the clocks to 2645MHz in another test that is all out GPU extreme OC: http://hwbot.org/newsflash/3759_dan...irst_place_with_gtx_1080_publishes_ln2_guide/
I think that 2645MHz was done using the Asus 1080 custom XOC BIOS version, definitely not designed for air or even possibly the reference models.
Cheers

Last edited:
Palit released GeForce GTX 1060 JetStream Series
Palit GeForce GTX 1060 Super JetStream 6GB has 1280 cores and ships with 1847 MHz Boost clock, and 8 GHz (GDDR5-effective) memory clocks.
The dual BIOS features activates the protection mechanism when an error occurs in one of the vBIOS. This allows the graphics card to be functional again in the event of system failure. With the 0-dB Tech, there is zero noise while you are at general workload, such as internet or multi-media application. This 0-dB feature is also available for Palit GeForce GTX 1060 Dual version.
http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/palit-released-geforce-gtx-1060-jetstream-series.html

Will we be seeing a dual gpu 1060 card, perhaps the 1060ti?

Last edited:
Plane jane for $249
It's to expel all its hot air through just five tiny slats in the backplate? I hope the product shot is from some kind of engineering sample, because otherwise that's ridiculous...

Why ppl would compare a so light game as OW?
OW isn't "light". With every feature turned on and maxed, a R9 390X only barely cracks 60fps at 1440P.

You might as well call DOOM "light" as well then. :p

It's to expel all its hot air through just five tiny slats in the backplate? I hope the product shot is from some kind of engineering sample, because otherwise that's ridiculous...
I'm assuming you're talking about the blower card? That card appears to be using the NVIDIA reference PCB (note the NV logo near the PCB bottom). That is not the same board as the bare board pictured, and thankfully it has ample ventilation for a blower.

Alright, thanks. So the bare board is a third-party design (using what looks like standard, low-cost potted inductors, so likely coil whine!), presumably using board-facing edit:axial fans then?

Last edited:

Hard to say, hopefully its enough :) otherwise I can see many unhappy people.

OW isn't "light". With every feature turned on and maxed, a R9 390X only barely cracks 60fps at 1440P.

You might as well call DOOM "light" as well then. :p
If OW does that is for poorly optimization. OW have graphics of PS2

yeah pretty much confirmed, but interesting best case frames, looks like the 1060 will be around ~10% faster in non nV made benchmarks. Looks like nV lost a good deal of Perf/watt over its bigger cores.

yeah pretty much confirmed, but interesting best case frames, looks like the 1060 will be around ~10% faster in non nV made benchmarks. Looks like nV lost a good deal of Perf/watt over its bigger cores.

For be honest, i have try compare some numbers with different reviews, untill they gott some funky setting enabled, i dont see how they arrive to so low numbers for the 480.

The temp treshold is set at 94°C, who is pretty high it seems compared to 1080. This should allow higher boost clock, pushing only the limit on TDP. ( 1080 have a 83°C temp treshold, 93-95°C is in general what you see when reviewers test the overclock ( +120% ).

Last edited:
Back