NVIDIA Kepler speculation thread

Another picture of the claimed Titan-style GTX 770 has been posted on Chiphell forums. The leaker also gives this tidbit (on the second page):

chocobocn (Google Translate) said:
The GTX770 does provide a lot of headroom for overclocking, after all, the 6 +8 power supply, maximum 250WTDP, good physique is said to default voltage exceeds 1.3G
My guess is that the 250 W is the TDP limit on the 770, much like the 265 W limit on Titan (250 W base TDP seems high for a GK104 part).

Another picture of the claimed Titan-style GTX 770 has been posted on Chiphell forums. The leaker also gives this tidbit (on the second page):

My guess is that the 250 W is the TDP limit on the 770, much like the 265 W limit on Titan (250 W base TDP seems high for a GK104 part).

If it's GK104 based it will still be heavily held back (when overclocked) by memory bandwidth. In order for gtx680's to take advantage of anything over 1.25ghz, memory needs to overclock beyond 7000mhz. GK104 brings hella performance given it's bandwidth constraints.

680MX TDP is greater than 100 watts. the 780m should reign that back to 100watts, and provide slightly better performance on top of that.

Im not so sure, TDP will move down so much, we are still speaking of same cores, same chips on same process.. And if the rumor about the 770 is true, Nvidia have just push the TDP enveloppe for increase clockspeed, not use higher clockspeed on same TDP.

( for clarifiy, on mobile parts, i expect TDP a little bit down, but not by an high margin )

Im not so sure, TDP will move down so much, we are still speaking of same cores, same chips on same process.. And if the rumor about the 770 is true, Nvidia have just push the TDP enveloppe for increase clockspeed, not use higher clockspeed on same TDP.

( for clarifiy, on mobile parts, i expect TDP a little bit down, but not by an high margin )

Maybe the GK104-225 has some tweaks for power savings.

I could be wrong, but i can imagine the higher clockspeed will negate them to a certain extend. If the clockspeed are right ( like it is a MSI notebook, clockspeed depend of the implementation of MSI ), 20mhz turbo is not a lot..

If the tweaks on the GK104-225 allows the voltage to drop some then even with the increase in frequency power should be lower.

It's on the same process, but as we all know over time the process improves and yields get better. Better yields can result in more aggressive binning, which is likely what is happening with the 700 series. Speaking of which, the lenovo y500 notebook with a gt750m (which has been repeatedly on sale over the last several weeks) gets extremely high boost clocks. Look at post #3 in link, this guy's y500 is getting 1058mhz boost clocks running furmark with temps at 83 degrees. That is 150mhz faster than the gt 650m (which is the same chip) at the same TDP. Very impressive clock increase IMO. http://forum.notebookreview.com/ideapad-essential/716619-calling-all-y400-y500-gt-750m-owners.html

http://semiaccurate.com/2013/05/13/...-gtx680-to-a-gtx770-with-a-simple-bios-flash/

770_vs_7970.png

Well lets see how the press sees it. I haven't forgotten Hardware Canucks mock outrage at the 7950 boost for example.

If the other rumours are true, Nvidia probably think they can stick the Titan cooler on this and get away with charging way more for it. If the tech press fell for Titan at $1K I don't know why they wouldn't welcome this 680 rebrand with open arms at $499 again.

Charlie's calling this an anti-consumer atrocity:
https://twitter.com/cdemerjian/status/334064143487336449

I'm still waiting for Charlie's rant about AMD's anti-consumer atrocity, the HD 7970, that cost $549 when first released.

http://www.techpowerup.com/163261/radeon-hd-7970-price-cuts-not-any-time-soon-report.html

Oh, right, sorry forgot about Charlie's logic:

CASE (Vender)

AMD: Then all is good no matter what so post article praising them and put in words how Nvidia/Intel/Microsoft are BAD,Bad, bad and should learn from the Angel Company AMD how to do things the right way; BREAK;

Nvidia: Post article ripping them a new one for anything that they do is crap and out to screw consumers. Be sure to post in article how Angel Company AMD does everything better.

END CASE

But I'm not sure what else people expected - the 570 was basically a 480... I expect the 770 should be cheaper than the 680, so it don't see the anti-consumer atrocity here.
Exactly right.

Uhhhh looks like Nvidia may be going all out with memory speeds.

770_GPU-Z.png

AMD is smoking crack if they think a stock 7970GE is faster than GK104 at 1125 boost and 7000mhz memory. I say if Nvidia can get this product into the same (or very close) TDP as gtx680, and sell it for about (or cheaper than) what gtx680 is going for now, good for them. It's a nice 10-15% performance improvement and is essentially free performance at the same price as current cards.

Back