NVIDIA Kepler speculation thread

300.65 had only a "GK104" string in its inf. GPU-Z detects the same.

He should run 3DMark11 to see if GPU Boost is active in this driver version.

Here's a result from my GTX570 (825/4200MHz) at the same settings:

c0zjP.png

Heaven 3.0

He says NV Control Panel shows same clocks as GPU-Z does..

could be there's 2 default clock state ? 706mhz look really too low ( 580=772mhz, if it was 860mhz 960mhz i will be less dubitative )

Anyway is the photo we have seen yesterday arent the same ? they was taken from this thread ?

Less than 72 hours

Less than 72 hours for REAL reviews from reputable sites.

These pre-NDA so called reviews usually have many errors or omissions.

I am also looking forward to a white paper on the new Kepler architecture.

Yeah perhaps it has a switch that enables the user to either run it in performance or "Eco" mode. Most games should still run more than well enough at 706 Mhz.

I was think to an automatic states.. 706mhz= 3D1 and 1006mhz = 3D2.

The second only kick in when the render start for save power and not when is launched the *.exe

This dont explain why the chinese guys had 1006mhz reported on actual gpu speed and the 706mhz on default clock. ( who is exactly what will show GPU-z if you oc the card ).
I cant even imagine the chinese guys was use a retail OC cards.. 300mhz difference is a bit too much for the first cards to hit the markets.

Lets hope it is just a read problem on the card of the OCUK guy.

Less than 72 hours for REAL reviews from reputable sites.

These pre-NDA so called reviews usually have many errors or omissions.

I am also looking forward to a white paper on the new Kepler architecture.

100% aggree...

Last edited by a moderator:
My 3930k at 4.5Ghz is waiting for a new video card (or two), so hurry up NV with your bad self!

Given what I'm seeing here, it might still be a 7950 + Über overclock for me after all :???: Nevertheless, I'm still OK with waiting for real benches.

$685 USD? Ugh, at this point I think we're all waiting for the GK106. I need to upgrade my card pretty badly and have been holding out the last half year for Kepler but this is frustrating. Trying to think of a reason not to buy the 7850 which goes on sale this week. If the GK106 is another 2 months out then I just don't see how Nvidia will retain the performance segment ($200-$300 USD) customers like me.

706MHz@987mV and 1006MHz@1087mV Turbo 195W TDP, if there is still room to hit 195W it continues to boost say 50-100MHz or null.. without Turbo it consumes less juice than a GTX560Ti.. Ailuros hinted something similar while ago on another forum.. Probably Turbo mode doesnt work on earlier drivers than 300.99..

Back