NVIDIA GF100 & Friends speculation

I'm guessing these are DP-castrated as well. The test doesn't really make it clear.

From neliz's linked pdf. IIRC the 8x number was for DP. But in general most of the Quadro marketing seems laser focused on geometry. Guess they can't eat too much of Tesla's lunch.

Modern applications harness the latest NVIDIA® CUDA™ parallel processing architecture of Quadro GPU to deliver performance gains up to 8x faster compared to previous generations when running computationally intensive applications such as ray tracing, video rocessing and computational fluid dynamics

GF104 Die Size

its around ~332mm^2

5519975820100731193928021.png

http://news.mydrivers.com/Img/20100731/05490645.jpg

Thanks for posting. And interesting, if those measurements are true, since Charlie confirmed the die size to be 367 mm². Two versions of GF104? The pictured one apparently comes from the cut-down version with one ROP partition disabled.

Could I have whatever you're smoking, please? :runaway:

As for the measurements, anyone got the packaging measurements for other places for comparison to see if they're correct?

Measurements for that picture are incorrect.

Either the inner die measurements are wrong or the outer shim measurements are wrong. According to the measurements in the pictures the short side of the outer shim should be ~2.45x the short side of the die, yet if you do even a rough measure of the picture is much less than that coming in at ~2.33x.

Evidently someone either doesn't know how to measure or are being deliberately misleading.

If someone has measurements for the actual outer shim, you should be able to get a fairly good estimate of the die measurements.

Regards,
SB

Yeah, something is wrong.
If we go by the outer measures on the pic, we'll get 24.7*14.1 mm
Where do those numbers in this post actually come from? the linked picture is without the measurements, so apart from being inconsistent (maybe not taking the perspective distortion into account), what known measure is it based on?

Anyone with a good hires naked board pic? I prefer using the 89mm pcie connector as base..
If I use This picture and a coin size of 24.26mm (wikipedia), I get the white rounded square around the chip to 49.5*39.1mm, and putting those numbers into this I get a chip size of 25.2*14.5 = 366mm2 (...)

Last edited by a moderator:
Perspective aren't that much of of problem (picture is taken with 70mm zoom btw), as long as you take the right measures.
His numbers are clearly inconsistent, and we don't know which absolute measure it's based on. Does the version with the numbers even come from the same place as the picture?

Here you go regarding proportions, error should be more like 0.5%
IHS_vs_die.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back