Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 Reviews

By the way, we should throw this whole TPU review in the garbage bin, it's done on a regular Ryzen 5800X, too weak for the 4090.

Why? Quite hyperbolic here... Not everyone has 5800X3D, plus the results are not night and day different, only 15% more, which on this tier is hardly gameplay changing in 99% of the titles. A review is not just to see how ultimately good a piece of hardware is, it's also to inform readers about how much of an upgrade they can expect with median hardware. This is also very disrespectful to whoever wrote the review and all the work that went into it...

Asus TUF None OC - No availability until later today/tomorrow and very limited stock with no future shipments planned.
Asus TUF OC - Limited availability (less than 50)! More next month.
ASus Strix None OC - No availability and no ETA!
Asus Strix OC - Extremely limited availability and no more coming until November/December! (less than 30)

Gigabyte WindForce - Good availability (100 units)!
Gigabyte Gaming - Superb availability (200 units)!
Gigabyte Aorus Master - Extremely limited availability (20 units) and no more due until November/December!
Gigabyte Aorus AIO - Mega extremely limited availability (5 units) and no more due until November/December!

Inno3D X3 - Poor availability (20 units)
Inno3D iChill X3 - OK availability (50 units)
Inno3D iChill Black - November onwards
Inno3D Frostbite - December onwards

KFA2 - December onwards
Palit - No stock, due in about 1-2 weeks, poor availability
PNY - No stock, due in about 1-2 weeks, poor availability

MSI Gaming - No availability
MSI Gaming X - Poor availability (20 units)
MSI Suprim X - Great availability (100+ units)
MSI Suprim X Liquid - No availability, November/December onwards

Zotac Trinity - Good availability (100 units)
Zotac Trinity OC - Good availability (100 units)
Zotac AMP AIRO - Good availability (100 units)

I would steer clear of cards below 20 units, were expecting hardly any additional stock this month, what you see above is all we have potentially for October, were more deliveries due November.
We will do our best but with so few units on certain cards like Strix and Aorus they will sell out within seconds, potentially minutes, in short only order if your happy to wait 4-12 weeks.

Zotac all cards, Gigabyte WindForce & Gaming, MSI Suprim X are the best bets stock wise!

I'm copy-pasting text just as a precaution against it being taken down. When Ampere launched, NVidia forbade him from posting this kind of information.

Overall it looks like about 1000 cards in stock at the 2pm UK go-live.

nVidia released a new driver with more DX12 improvements und new Rebar profiles (over a year since the last one):
geforce-rtx-30-series-522-25-whql-game-ready-driver-improvements-1920x1080.png

Then there is the currently available CPUs which honestly have abysmal single threaded improvements each gen. They are simply not adequate enough.
Computerbase found a 22% improvement at 720p moving from the 5800X to 7700X

And a 31% improvement moving from a 3700X to a 5800X

Zen 5 will probably see a similar size jump as it is a new architecture.

I am a bit concerned though that the GPU I went with apparently comes with just a triple 8 pin to 12pin adapter instead of the 4 which all the other cards seem to come with....

Interesting.. Nvidia's new drivers speak about DirectX12 performance improvements in many games... but it also includes this:\

Substantial DirectX 12 Performance Improvements For GeForce RTX GPUs​

In the last year, Game Ready Drivers have given GeForce gamers optimum performance in over 80 new releases, and have continued to optimize and improve the games you’re still playing. Most recently, our engineering team has designed new DirectX 12 enhancements that accelerate performance by double digits in a wide array of games.
These improvements include shader compilation optimization, reduced CPU overhead, and Resizable BAR profiles for Forza Horizon 5 and F1Ⓡ 22. Many of these optimizations are most beneficial in CPU-bound scenarios, enabling your graphics card to be utilized to a greater degree. In Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, Cyberpunk 2077, and Forza Horizon 5, performance improved by up to 24%:

:)

regarding the PT/RT/Hybrid scaling discussion happening on the past few pages:

To the best of my understand most (every?) real time implementation of PT and hybrid RT has a denoising step added to each frame, whereas the offline synthetics do not. A 4A presentation of the first ME release quoted denoising as taking equal time to ray traversal in their implementation on a 2080Ti (if I recall correctly). Quake 2 RTX allows for denoising to be turned off which could provide illuminating results (sorry).

regarding the PT/RT/Hybrid scaling discussion happening on the past few pages:

To the best of my understand most (every?) real time implementation of PT and hybrid RT has a denoising step added to each frame, whereas the offline synthetics do not. A 4A presentation of the first ME release quoted denoising as taking equal time to ray traversal in their implementation on a 2080Ti (if I recall correctly). Quake 2 RTX allows for denoising to be turned off which could provide illuminating results (sorry).
3Dmark PT test has denoising AFAIR.

Back