NVIDIA Continues to Gain in the Performance DirectX9 market

the compatabilty statement reads wrong. i was trying to say that nVidia has a pretty decent record for compatabilty. their hardware generaly functions well for most software, within reason. that's not the case we are seeing with sli.

trinibwoy said:
Not sure how many different ways there are to read this - :LOL:

see-colon said:
and just a general lack of compatabity that nVidia is basicly known for

Tut-tut. Add "SLI" after nVidia and it reads fine. It was a dependant clause in the sentence after all, and the first few clauses clearly set the context. There would be no reason for him to be talking about his disappointment otherwise, if it was just more "same old same old".

Has any one else noticed that the X850XT and even x850 XT-PE are cheaper than the 6800 ultra at brick and mortar pc shops?
I was skimming through computeredge, and it has ads all over the mag for local pc shops, and the X850XT was pretty consistantly cheaper than the 6800 ultra and the x800XT was close, or even cheaper than the 6800GT.
Anyway, good for nvidia I guess.
I'd wage their sucess on the less than exciting x800 pro, and ati's lack of SM3 aswell as doom 3 performance (at the same price point).

trinibwoy said:

see-colon said:

there is a general lack of [the compatability that nVidia is known for] in regards to nvidia's sli solution.

is that better?

see colon said:
there is a general lack of [the compatability that nVidia is known for] in regards to nvidia's sli solution.

is that better?

yeah i was just feeling a little assish. don't mind me :)

don't worry, i've been an asshole all week. the sad part is i'm enjoying it so much i might have a hard time stopping ;P

back on topic, i don't think it's really surprising nVidia is gaing market share in the performace DX9 market. the GF6 series are very competative, in dircet contrast to the FX series.

see colon said:
don't worry, i've been an asshole all week. the sad part is i'm enjoying it so much i might have a hard time stopping ;P

back on topic, i don't think it's really surprising nVidia is gaing market share in the performace DX9 market. the GF6 series are very competative, in dircet contrast to the FX series.
if they weren't gaining market share, we should just hold a funeral for technological progress in the 3D industry. if the GF6 did no better than the FX, that would mean marketing was the only thing that mattered anymore.

see colon said:
trinibwoy said:

see-colon said:

is that better?

Except for the spelling (both of you), yes... :)

Back