NPD November 2017

However I guess all that's kind of irrelevant, but Xbox should be maybe conservatively estimated at 1.45 million by my thinking (~10% less than PS4 per graph, but a possible upper bound of 1.511 means I take 50k off)

So yeah just thought I'd post all that to ask if anybody has any contrary info as to why Xbox is at 1350k and not 1450-1500k. I wrote Xbox at 1350k so far in my NPD record, but I'll probably change it to 1450k or 1500k at some point unless I hear justification for 1350k. Just wondered if I missed something?

Won’t end of year reporting clarify?

“More units of PlayStation 4 hardware sold in November 2017 than any other month life-to-date,” NPD analyst Mat Piscatella said. “PlayStation 4 is the best-selling video game hardware platform year-to-date.”

But overall, everyone is doing well. Hardware spending for November was up 52 percent year-over-year to $1.1 billion. NPD credits that growth to all three major devices. It’s clear that Xbox fans were waiting for the upgraded 4K-capable Xbox One X system or a price drop on the Xbox One S. The $500 Xbox One X led to this platform generating more revenue than Sony or Nintendo, but the Xbox One also had its best November so far in terms of unit sales.

https://venturebeat.com/2017/12/14/...n-november-but-sony-sold-more-playstation-4s/

Back