NPD April 2010

:) I just cant understand sony's stategy, the ps3 has finally started to sell at a profit and they cant make enuf
BTW theyre currently in stock at amazon though, first time for ages
http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/videogames/ref=pd_ts_pg_1?ie=UTF8&pg=1
#8, wii #17 I think thats the lowest Ive ever seen it!

You also often see HD games in the top spots too, which further highlights the Wii's decline. For example, right now Red Dead Redemption has the top two slots.

For the first two+ years of Wii's life, it always seemed to be some Wii related product at #1.

Also dunno if this is new, but the Wii is currently discounted to 179, and still #18.

The Wii has no new titles available, but it's kinda hard to speak of 'decline' when NPD puts 3 Nintendo Wii titles in the top 10, same as we've seen month after month.

Since we talk sales in this thread, this article may be relevant. I haven't read it all yet:
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/4709/the_sony_situation_sceas_rob_.php

Sony Computer Entertainment America's senior vice president of publisher relations, Rob Dyer, is well aware of what he's up against these days. Competition is strong, and the company is in nowhere near the same dominant position it was during the PlayStation 2 days.

"Sony was pretty complacent coming out of PlayStation 2 because it was much more of a gatherer versus a hunter mentality... You know, they could pick and choose," says Dyer, explaining that he's well aware that the situation has changed these days.

This may not be the best place to ask but I noticed the XBOX 360 Elite has dropped to 199 euros and the Arcade to 149 € over here. Is this happening elsewhere? Clearing stock for slimbox?

This may not be the best place to ask but I noticed the XBOX 360 Elite has dropped to 199 euros and the Arcade to 149 € over here. Is this happening elsewhere? Clearing stock for slimbox?
There are some significant price fluctuations, but I wouldn't call it a downward trend. Actually, all Xbox 360 SKUs were available cheaper last November than they are now.

Arcades go for around 170€, which used to be sub-150€ in Feb and March. Elites can be had for 209€, up from 198€ in April. The 60GB version has all but disappeared.

Delayed until July 1.

While Im here, I'm pretty sure 360 is going to have a huge June between the new slim and price cuts to the old SKU's. There are tons of effectively 99 dollar (149 with 50 gift card) Arcades flooding the market.

Back