NPD April 2003

Guess Nintendo doesn't care, since they still make off like bandits on the cart manufactuering, correct?

Well just to elaborate on that a bit... Consider my previous post about handheld markets. Obviously they want to exploit the existing glut of handheld gamers in their local market and push connectivity to tie in more GCN sales. For other regions (like NA) it's much easier to just carry that strategy over rather than bake up some new strategy for a separate region... Even MS is pretty much sticking to it's guns from region to region (on a grand scale view), granted MS doesn't have a secondary platform...

Goldni said:
Also look at the three GBA Castlevania games (of which take any of the three and they will have done more in sales than the new Castvania PS2 game will imo..yes I'll take that bet) they have been very successful.

This is just a small point, but I think it´s relevant enough.

Goldni, I think your chances of losing your bet is extremely high. You haven´t seen the sales of C:AoS have you? At least in Japan it is a commercial failure. After two weeks, it has only sold 26k units. I don´t think that will be hard to surpass.

Goldeni,

but if you look at GBA games like Godzilla DOM, Driver 2 Advance and the Sonic Titles.

As I said:
Godzillia - movie license
Driver - known franchise
Sonic ? - come on that prooves my point. Where are the new franchises?

It's not as bleak as you are painting it. And again regarding PS2, take off EA's "big license titles and Rockstar's two GTA games and the PS2 3rd party picture changes alot from the 1.2 m number.

It's not as bleak? well sorry but I don't think you've been shown a 100 GBA titles that weren't picked up by other publishers. good titles too. you even completly ignored the title that rockstar turned down on GBA.

As I said before, you can't exclude EA and rockstar. You can't make up a fictional reality to back up what you're saying.

Back