No Rest for the Wicked [PC, PS5, XBS-X/S]

This is Moon Studios' (developers of the Ori games) next game.

Trailer:

Overview:

The video that got me really interested (Asmongold live stream):

It's basically Path of Exile (or old school Diablo 1 and 2 but not 3 or 4) and Dark Souls all mixed into one.

Hard, punishing and rewarding. I would have loved another Ori type game, but this is actually looking really solid.

Regards,
SB

Yeah looking forward to trying this out, really love the art style.

They are hard at work on a macOS port, which is great to hear. The art direction looks really nice!

It's really cool that all the game logging is handled separately from the graphics engine with a new simulation engine - which includes fully 3D deterministic physics system designed for networking (built on top of ExitGames' Quantum Engine). This seperation makes the input lag minimal so the game feels responsive no matter the FPS.

If the developer Moon Studios doesn't ring a bell for anyone they have made the excellent "Ori and The Blind Forest" and "Ori and The Will of the Wisps" platform games.

Last edited:
That's disappointing i really enjoyed both the Ori titles, but there not my usual type of games, so i probably won't be buying NRFTW.
But if it was on game pass it would be a day 1 play for me, given how much i enjoyed Ori.

Hopefully the studio gets some good day 1 + release window sales, and then can double dip by putting it on gamepass later on!

Incredible visuals. They are very technically innovative, which is relatively uncommon these days.

That's disappointing i really enjoyed both the Ori titles, but there not my usual type of games, so i probably won't be buying NRFTW.
But if it was on game pass it would be a day 1 play for me, given how much i enjoyed Ori.

Hopefully the studio gets some good day 1 + release window sales, and then can double dip by putting it on gamepass later on!
Doesn't sound like it. I think reading between the lines they took a deal for funding upfront to have it on game pass and the deal hasn't hit a point whre they start getting paid again or something.

Back