No Man's Sky [XO, PS4, PC]

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by RenegadeRocks, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Karamazov

Veteran Regular

a PS5 patch with supersampled resolution in the PSVR headset would already be very welcomed.

Or maybe NMS2 at the August sate of play...

2. Pete

Pete Moderate Nuisance
    Moderator Legend Veteran

They may not have added a Pro VR patch, but the fact that they're still working on adding features is encouraging. Maybe they're waiting to settle down on some of these additions before working on something that touches the whole game, so to speak.

I can't believe sentinels will bring more reinforcements with 2.60. Supposedly reloads are faster, but come on. This doesn't sound aimed at (bad) controller FPS gamers (like me). If they can't add KBM support, maybe throw in some gyro aiming a la the Steam controller for fine aiming adjustments.

3. Pete

Pete Moderate Nuisance
    Moderator Legend Veteran

Ummm ... I can only hipe they get around to all of my notes. ;)

Tkumpathenurpahl likes this.
  4. Pete

Pete Moderate Nuisance
    Moderator Legend Veteran

Tried VR. It’s impressive even in low res, but the res is so laughably low that I can’t even read the text of something I’m scanning. It’s like 240p Youtube low: completely illegible. Very, very cool, though. And teleporting really speeds up movement, which is a nice bonus.

I’m frequently distracted from the game long enough for my controller to sleep. I get a network disconnected message when the game resumes from standby. When it does, occasionally the pointer focus falls on the screen behind the “no controller” “network connection lost” warning, so I have to hope the “okay” button doesn’t fall directly over something clickable in the hidden but active menu/pause screen below. I think I hit on the same bug in VR, but this time the controller network dialog was completely hidden. I had to restart the game.

The nav icons are borked in that they’re always visible, even with something (the planet, a ship) obscuring them.

I’m only listing these here because of the flammenwerfer coincidence. If Hello Games is lurking, hi and fix these bugs (except for the one that lets me nab the flamethrower, at least not until I find all the portal symbols).

#1004 Pete, Jul 28, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
    Karamazov and BRiT like this.
  5. Karamazov

Veteran Regular

they still have not fixed the no HUD mode in VR where sometimes a big black rectangle appears in front of view and never goes away until you put back HUD ON, that has been like this since the VR release last August.

6. ToTTenTranz

Legend Veteran Subscriber

Is this on PSVR?

I'm tempted to buying the game again on the PC so I can play it on the 1440*1440 / eye of my Lenovo Explorer, but then again the PS5 is coming and so is PSVR2 and I'm guessing the game will be even better then.
    Not that Hello Games don't deserve to be paid twice for the game, because I feel like they do.

7. goonergaz

Veteran

I’m in the same boat and was going to ask the same question lol

8. Karamazov

Veteran Regular

yes it's on PSVR, great experience, but maybe the blurriest PSVR game i own !
    and no PS4 pro support.

goonergaz likes this.
  9. Pete

Pete Moderate Nuisance
    Moderator Legend Veteran

Yup, the whole game is playable on PSVR, and it’s pretty amazing despite the low res. (There’s even a newer retail version of the game with the Beyond update on disc that touts VR on the cover, though the original disc will also update to the latest version.) But scanning things on the planet is hard to do when the HUD scanner info is illegible. I only tried it a little while, not enough to even get the scan (L2 equivalent) button working, but how would you scout the trading post parking lot for S class ships if you can’t make out the info box?

We’re hoping NMS gets a PS5 update, and maybe then a PS4 Pro upgrade, but the lack of the latter is strange.

#1009 Pete, Jul 29, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2020