No Man's Sky [PS4, PS5, XO, XBSX|S, PC, NX, XGP]

yeah, I agree - I thought I'd just have a quick gander and and hour just flew by...looks like a totally new game (playing on Pro BTW)

Even on Base ps4 there seems to be a very clear visual difference. Indoors especially look different but even outdoors have a different look to it all.
Ended up spending 4 hours in it ! Landed on a planet with exceptionally soothing music that even my little daughter noticed and said "Pa, the music is so beautiful!" Also space battles have clear rewards now with freighter Captains handing out money for saving them. Visited four atlas interfaces which added to the whole mystique as there seems to be some story in there.
Now I want to build a Base so that I can get that tbuggy. Game feels totally different as a gameplay experience.
Good to see teh are so hard at it after all the negativity . The team did not disband but are redeeming the game.
Everyone in my family just sits down beside me whenever I play this game. The photo mode totally won over my niece now !

Sent from my SM-N920G using Tapatalk

As much as I appreciate all the updates, I also think they are meant to distract you from the elephant in the room that's been dropping giant turds at the game's very core since day 1: the journey to the center of the galaxy is incredibly fucking dull, tedious, and never changes. You'll probably have a better time just ignoring that aspect of the game entirely. Seems like Hello is very much aware of that as well. After all, the big content updates revolve around you sticking to a singular planet for as long as possible.

Last edited:
The sights this game can offer are incredible ! These look oversaturated as I was playing in HDR and I have no idea what Ps4 saves in video or images when I play in HDR. Both don't seem to be HDR content but just look oversaturated. Videos look totally wrong.

images fare better though and these look great still :
LonkuPO.png

GiChrmT.png

BtL9IBP.jpg

P8sIvMG.jpg

sOaltF5.jpg

kjA4SnK.jpg

K9S9H2X.jpg

what is it ?
Is this game good now ? It's on sale, i'm hesitating between this and Elite dangerous, but Elite looks a lot more complicated.

what is it ?
Is this game good now ? It's on sale, i'm hesitating between this and Elite dangerous, but Elite looks a lot more complicated.
Elite is a hardcore Sim and this is the exact opposite, a laid back adventure. NMS is NOT hardcore in any way and thats its appeal for the ppl who like it. Its th emost chilled out space adventure you can go on and see the sights. Its a survival exploration game where u pick up stuff, sell stuff and make upgrades along the way. The updates have improved the game a LOT by adding more things to do and get immersed in but nothing that will convert haters of the original because it still stays casual and forgiving. it is not a combat focussed game, although space combat is also fun and more rewarding now after the updates. ELITE and this are opposites in the regard that ELite takes the SIM approach to it all while NMS takes the automated/casual approach where the game takes care of landing/docking/all that stuff for you and lets you relax.

there is rumoured/confirmed major update coming in August which si being called an almost relaunch of the game, so if u r into such games, buying it now at cheap could be a good way to go.

You can land in Elite's DLC, but I don't know how that's handled (seamless or not). I'd hazard a guess, though admittedly this is a long shot, but maybe, just maybe, there's a video on Yew Choob that shows how this works?

I just bought but have never played this game. Any suggestions?
Have fun ! :)
Whenever u find a treasure , steal a lot and sell a lot ! It's fun and the money buys u ships. Other than that explore planets for suit slot upgrades. Follow the path of the atlas, I would say.

If u ahvent yet started just wait for the update later this week. That will overhaul the story mode so...that might be the best way to go considering we didn't get much story at all in the base game.

Sent from my SM-N920G using Tapatalk

at 1080p, it's worse on some planets, it drops bad when you use the new terrain editing tool, and when near an activated portal too.

Back