Nintendo to buy Capcom??? Announcement next week???

bbot said:
At www.spong.com

Quincy, where's the MS/Sega announcement? Looks like it's Nintendo that's going to do the buyout of another company?

Both deals are not exclusive possibilities. In both cases, I would see departures from each company for different reasons.

Who knows, after the Square/Enix deal anything is possible.

Perhaps Mikami offed the Capcom board and is taking his Nintendo boner to new heights...? :LOL:

(that was in good humour)

I doubt that Capcom will get bought out-right by Nintendo..

Why not? Capcom is obvious favoring the GC if you considered the 5 EXCLUSIVE(which has been confirmed in an interview at IGN) games for the GC. 4 out of those 5 new games are completely new which means the sales for those title are unknown. Considering how their other games sold on the GC wouldn't you find it weird why there are so many Exclusives for the GC??

Until a few months ago, we would never have thought RARE being bought by MS or Enix merging with Square. So if Nintendo does buy Capcom, I wouldn't be surprised.

I could see this happening.

I'd love to see some Nintendo quality control applied to some of Capcom's games which I haven't enjoyed for years.

Nintendo could do wonders with Dino Crisis, Devil May Cry, and the 2D fighters if they had the opportunity to lend their assistance.

I hope this happens. I also hope that MS buys Sega, but it's probably not going to happen.

OK, guys, I have it on pretty darn good authority that Microsoft is annoyed at SEGA right now. My "informant" (if you want to call him that) hinted strongly that MS did try to buy SEGA but SEGA refused.

Quincy, where's the MS/Sega announcement?

You got me... it was a rumor we'll see if it does occur or not. Just like the Nintendo/capcom rumor. Also what's even worse is that spong.com also started the rumor that MS was going to buy capcom a few months back. I don't knwo if we can trust that site very much...

Tag,

I have it on pretty darn good authority that Microsoft is annoyed at SEGA right now. My "informant" (if you want to call him that) hinted strongly that MS did try to buy SEGA but SEGA refused.
Well this is true, but that happened almost 2 years ago. ;) if you know someone that knows the real deal, then why would he "hint" at the results instead of just telling you?

I thought that Spong was a joke site anyway, no?

Raolin: Sure, Capcom's pouring a lot of high-quality support into GCN.. more than any other 3rd-party right now. Every story-based RE game, the 4 new games they announced, Mickey Mouse, Mega Man EXE Transmission, CVS2 and more.

It doesn't mean much, though. They've done the same for Sega (DC) and Sony over the years, and for Nintendo (NES/SNES) in the past.. and they're still an independent developer/publisher.

Capcom would be a good acquisition imo.

But Sega (except for Super Monkey Ball) has lost their magic, much like Rare has.

VF4, JSRF, Gunvalkrie, Sega GT2k2, Shinobi, SMB, Rez....just because not all Sega titles get onto Nintendo's console doesn't mean they aren't special.

Problem is that Sega goes out of their way to create unique titles and they tend to sell pretty miserably. They still are my most cherished company.

Tagrineth said:
OK, guys, I have it on pretty darn good authority that Microsoft is annoyed at SEGA right now. My "informant" (if you want to call him that) hinted strongly that MS did try to buy SEGA but SEGA refused.

Microsoft probably does need to expand its first party lineup, but I think another British or European developer would be a good choice. Something like a Rage Software or Codemasters could probably had for a reasonable price. Of course those companies doen't have the great franchises SEGA has, but I'm sure they could do ok trying to come up with their own. Look what Bungie did with Halo. Some developers are worth while if they are really intrested in being a part of the Microsoft empire.

Nintendo won't be buying Capcom and M$ won't be buying Sega. End of story... all this nonsense has to stop.

If anything Sega will distance itself further from M$ in the future as Kayama who is mainly responsible for the strong Xbox support so far seems to be on the way out.

Brimstone:

> Something like a Rage Software or Codemasters could probably had for
> a reasonable price.

When has Rage Software made a good game?

Naw, they'll just spawn a new 2D fighter francise:

Capcom vs Nintendo: Smash Brothers Fighter 2 Alpha Zero Shine Get.

Well cybermerc, you can dismiss both rumors, but remember you did the exact same thing when it came to Rare.

Back