Ninja Blade (From Software)

well i liked it remeber people saying the same about otogi: not 60fps NG & DMC being smother, it seems otogi like but the main character dosent seem as powerful(read toned down) or cool looking as raikoh, think i may pick this up !!

Just played this demo (especially after what was said about the QTEs). Wasn't sure what the hell was going on initially - flying through the air, press X to do this, fly a bit more, press Y to do this. Load of rubbish. Gets better when you're actually allowed to control things, but still felt a bit average.

I haven't played many games with QTEs to be honest, I seem to have passed them by. If that's what they entail, I think I'll avoid them on purpose.

You guys have no sense of humor.
I enjoy things that have a bit of a silly side, and by god this game doesn't take itself seriously :yes:

In one of the trailers, I'd swear I saw the following: To stop a 747 that has just crash landed, as it smashes through cars on a freeway / makeshift runway (at high speed), you get out and push against the landing gear.

Ok, yes, the rest of the game is pretty mediocre. But you know it'll be bargain priced soon enough. And according to eurogamer, you unlock outfits such as tiger stripe and 'pink love heart' ninja gear.

I had fun, but I wouldn't pay full price for it.

I love the action/hack and slash games, so if I see it for $30, I may be tempted to pick it up.

I imported this from Play Asia. Way too many quick times and the actual combat just isn't anything special. I put it down until I'm done my priority titles. I'm disappointed. I'd lie and tell people to buy it though, in hopes of decent sales giving me Otogi 3!

There are quite a number of framerate issues too. Disappointing considering how meh the visuals are. I actually like NG2 graphics more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Way less than 30 much of the time actually. I guess it didn't happen before the recent patch but now the game is quite ripe with frame rate dips.

The game has a nice bit of sheen in some ways but the design elements are terrible (B movie-ish) and much of the enemie's texture resolution is painfully low. Very noticable on bosses close ups.

Back