Ni No Kuni: The Another World

Thanx for the info. 10% seems just like it is in Borderlands 2.

Also, can u tell if the game lets u change the difficulty later or do u have to restart frm beginning if u want to lower or increase the difficulty?

Damn weather here, power supply is all erratic, meaning I can download only at night :mad:

I believe you can feed and grow your Familiars (monster friends) too. They gain more abilities that way. I haven't tried it myself.

i think i really need to borrow my friend's PS3 and find a place where they sell Ni no Kuni in normal price, not extortion price...

Looking at the manual, not supporting the Move seems such a missed opportunity. :(

And another thought - a Vita version would be really amazing. Though it would press hard on the limits of a memory card.

If there were a Vita version, I would be one third or halfway through the game by now.

And screw $200 Neko Bus tissue box cover. We are making one ourselves. Or stop by Japan to buy it.

Looking at the manual, not supporting the Move seems such a missed opportunity. :(

More like a godsent. Good luck remembering the 50+ spells in the game. As for the Vita version - would have loved one, but isn't that game 20+ GBs (with barely any fmv in it)?

More like a godsent. Good luck remembering the 50+ spells in the game. As for the Vita version - would have loved one, but isn't that game 20+ GBs (with barely any fmv in it)?

It's 21GB in Europe, but 15GB in the US. I think there's quite a lot of FMV in it in the PS3 version, especially in the beginning? Obviously not as much in the DS version. ;)

All the PS3 assets and media should be reduced *if* they port to Vita, no ?

I don't think the assets need to be reduced much. They originate from DS and don't look very taxing. But there's a lot of high quality audio I imagine, and quite a lot of video probably combining to make up the largest part of the thing.

It's 21GB in Europe, but 15GB in the US. I think there's quite a lot of FMV in it in the PS3 version, especially in the beginning? Obviously not as much in the DS version. ;)

You download 2 parts for the US version, too. At least it had me do so. One 16GB and another 6GB one.

You download 2 parts for the US version, too. At least it had me do so. One 16GB and another 6GB one.

Thatsbhow its on the Indian Store too. Had downloaded the 6gb before release, but 16 gb one was made avaialable quite sometime after the release. Still downloading it. I heard the US store had a single file.

Also, does the EU version have Jap audio? The Psn details say english, but the demo di have it, didn't it.

I don't think the assets need to be reduced much. They originate from DS and don't look very taxing. But there's a lot of high quality audio I imagine, and quite a lot of video probably combining to make up the largest part of the thing.

There really isn't much fmv in the game. NNK's first hour kinda gives off the impression of a game with lots of 2d animated videos, but Level 5 abandons those just about entirely once you are done with the game's introduction. (which is rather unfortunate)

Thatsbhow its on the Indian Store too. Had downloaded the 6gb before release, but 16 gb one was made avaialable quite sometime after the release. Still downloading it. I heard the US store had a single file.

Also, does the EU version have Jap audio? The Psn details say english, but the demo di have it, didn't it.

The SCEE version has both English and Japanese audio.

Now that I have played quite a bit more I find it a shame that so much of the dialog isn't spoken :(

It really breaks the moot of the game for me, one second the dialog is spoken, the next moment in the same scene it's back to reading a single line at a time and needlessly having to press X, again and again.

I'm about to set sails from Castaway Cove, Oliver is level 30 and Swaine just joined at a meager level 19.

I believe you can feed and grow your Familiars (monster friends) too. They gain more abilities that way. I haven't tried it myself.

Yup, after you have done the Temple of Trials you learn that your familiars can undergo metamorphosis but have in mind that they start back at level 1 but will get more powerful as they regain levels. You can put familiars through this process 2 times with a single choice the 2nd time. This is about the closest you get to a skill tree in the game, which hardly qualifies (at least as far in the game I am so far).

Thanks for the link. Wow, 412MB.

Changing difficulty on the fly sounds really good.

You should probably wait reading it as it most surely will contain spoilers, as you both find and are given pages during gameplay.

The PDF contains all these missing pages. The PDF I got was "only" 191,7 MB.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back