Ni No Kuni: The Another World

I have all the resolutions checked in the PS3's settings, I tried 720P only, but it didn't do anything...it's like the image is a little out of focus and it strains my eyes...=/ I'm kinda baffled, because other games look sharp, even older ones...
Is it a PAL game on PAL PS3? And is it a normal PS3 or a hacked one? We had someone on this board before with technical issues on a game and it turns out they had an HDD full of pirate games which weren't working...

Both are PAL and no, it's not hacked PS3.=) Ni No Kuni updated my PS3 so is it possible that the update is messing things up? =/

And I have to say, you guys are unbelievably helpful and friendly...I'm from Finland and the forums in here are full of astoundingly rude people who think that people who ask for advise and help are somehow lesser than they are...thank you for being so helpful, all. =)

You could try deleting the game data and installing again. Otherwise it's one for Sony technical support, although without seeing some photo evidence, we're in no position to determine exactly what's the issue with the rendering. Photos would prove if it's a 480p output instead of 720p.

Tried uninstalling and installing, didn't help...=/ I don't have a proper camera, but I believe that the picture is 720P but the game's native resolution is lower, so there is a lot of scaling going on...because my old tube tv looks clearer when I play NNK through it. So it's a scaling issue, I wager. Maybe the scaler in my LED tv is bad, because several people have told me that the game looks stunning on a 1080P tv, and I just don't see it.

Take for instance White Knight Chronicles. Not a graphically stunning game but a lot more sharper than NNK and on the same television. So something is not right...And I've tried the game through another tv and two pc monitors and the result was the same, blurry picture...

I love the game so I wouldn't want to give up, but the graphics just don't do it for me...=(

Have you compared a screenshot on the photo viewer to the game? Stick some of these on a USB drive, plug it in, and browse them. How do they look? You'll have to be selective. Only grab 1280x720 images and make sure they aren't super AA'd PR shots!

The pictures look a little bit better than the game in my eyes...but still kinda blurry, so it must be the tv scaling the 720P picture...damn...guess I have to get a plasma when I can...=/ I really thought that NNK would be as crisp as my other PS3 games are...only a few demos have been as blurry if not blurrier, namely MGS4 demo. And I didn't have the chance to get NNK demo because I only have a wireless broadband so my PS3 can't connect to the internet properly.=/

Well, someone else said that their game looked also kinda blurry, and that his wife noticed it too...sot it must be that the game has very low native resolution...=/

Well, without some kind of screenshot, I think it will be hard for any of us to be of any assistance. When you do manage to make screenshots (using digital camera or phone or whatever) be sure to make a closeup shot of 1) a cutscene 2) in a town, and 3) on the world map.

Well, actually someone said that her boyfriends tv made NNK look blurry but her tv made it look good...so it must be a resolution thing...I just had bad luck.=/

Done with the gaurdian of the Golden Grove, going to Al Mammon now.

The Lemur guy with the 'psyche up' ability is actually very usefull in short spurts during battles. Just let him get psyched up and let him loose on one enemy for massive damage.

As for boss fights, I am still using magic only. I don't see how people use physical atracks on bosses cos tht means going close to the boss and getting hit. I just keep using magic and collecting orbs.

This reply is 2 weeks old, but maybe it'll be handy to someone else.

Most bosses only hit in front of them, so if one character has agro, you can run behind and smack them. A few familiars get a taunt, which is incredibly handy for this. Some bosses (I'm looking at you, volcano boss) are pretty hard to deal with using physical attacks at their point on the leveling curve, but if you do the sidequests, changes are that you'll overlevel almost everything by a small amount (a lot more if you grind a certain mob outside of a certain city late in the game).

As for Psych Up / Go Wild, it's not bad, but it can be really dangerous on your ally's familiars since they cannot defend. Boneheads (particularly their final form) are incredibly good later on if you like that mechanic.

finally, after suffering a lot of question and loading :
saving text
saving language
loading trophy

im playing ni no kuni :D

EDIT:
wow the game really looks wonderful :D
the aliasing not too distracting too, but the picture doubling is distracting. Luckily there "smooth motion" thing on my TV, it add lag but still bearable.

hDPLo33.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
WHy won't my familiars metamorphise :mad: ???? I keep offering them the required sun/moon/planet drop but they just flatly refuse to even though they have that blue label saying "metamorphise-able" next to them!

Help me !!!! :cry:

Umm...... I have the round ones, I think it was Great Sage Soloman himself who gave them to me and then i found some on my own. It worked on Smite when Soloman explained how to use them but sincethen three or four of familiars are waiting to be metamorphosed but they just efuse the 'drop'.

How do I know which tier the drop belongs to?

finally, after suffering a lot of question and loading :
saving text
saving language
loading trophy

im playing ni no kuni :D

EDIT:
wow the game really looks wonderful :D
the aliasing not too distracting too, but the picture doubling is distracting. Luckily there "smooth motion" thing on my TV, it add lag but still bearable.

hDPLo33.jpg

I don't get any such double ghosting effect. Is it your tv messing up something?

Umm...... I have the round ones, I think it was Great Sage Soloman himself who gave them to me and then i found some on my own. It worked on Smite when Soloman explained how to use them but sincethen three or four of familiars are waiting to be metamorphosed but they just efuse the 'drop'.

How do I know which tier the drop belongs to?

I think they are all round. They just come with different names and in various sizes. Some of the creatures could be in their second or third form already by the time you capture them as well, so your level 1 drops might not work at all.

Sorry that I can't really get into more detail here, but it's been a while since I've played the game.

I don't get any such double ghosting effect. Is it your tv messing up something?

i dont think its my TV. Because other games seems fine.

Its exactly like the fake motion blur that Fable 3 have. I played that thing on PC and the doubling are exactly like Ni no Kuni. Luckily on PC i can disable it by editing a config file.

on console, i just let my tv kill it using smooth video feature thing.
really, what is the name of those tv smooth video. must be long and bad name, i never remember it haha.

This game is on sale until the 22 Januar, i just bought it for the PS3, it's beautiful, cheap and takes a 21.5GB download. Be warned that you have to install both downloads before it runs..

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
Was €29.99/AU$39.95/£19.99, now €9.89/AU$13.18/£6.59
Additional 10% discount for PS Plus subscribers

Back