Ni No Kuni: The Another World

patsu

Legend
Level 5 "Ni No Kuni" conference here:
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/06/24/ni_no_kuni_live_blog/

The gameplay looks to involve some sort of rune ? (The DS game uses a stylus, can I use Move on PS3 to draw them ?)

2wg69ae.jpg

Looking forward to this. As jonabbey found out lately, my B3D nick comes from Miyazaki's work "Laputa". ^_^

Yes,

I'm very excited about this title too. The PS3 version is supposed to look
quite amazing in motion -- very close to the hand drawn cut scenes of the DS.

Ghibli chose the right company in Level-5 to realize their visual style,
and hopefully Level-5 will be able to take away some artistic, scenario
and cinematic knowledge from Ghibli.

P.S.
I never noticed that about your name Patsu.
Actually the hero's name is Pazu.

Oninotsume

I posit the folks at Studio Ghibli started getting depressed at the idea their beautiful animation would never be seen on anything but a tiny DS screen and told Level 5, "You know what would be really great? A PS3 version of the game with the Blu-ray overflowing with 1080p animated cut scenes!"

I posit the folks at Studio Ghibli started getting depressed at the idea their beautiful animation would never be seen on anything but a tiny DS screen and told Level 5, "You know what would be really great? A PS3 version of the game with the Blu-ray overflowing with 1080p animated cut scenes!"

There were rumors of a console version a good while back. People thought it'd go to Wii, though, especially since the DS version has gesture-based magic.

That'd be a waste of the artwork, limiting it to SD. 1080p, BRD-quality visuals, and now with Move, the ideal gesture-based interface. PS3 is the ideal platform. Would also work with Kinect and 720p HD video on XB360, but you'd have higher compression I'm guessing, assuming loads and loads of animated content.

I never noticed that about your name Patsu.
Actually the hero's name is Pazu.

Blame it on my limited Japanese. I thought your language doesn't have z ?

Is everything here...

real-time ? ... since they mentioned they replaced the cutscenes in DS with real-time rendering. Or are there still FMV cutscenes in the final game ?

That'd be a waste of the artwork, limiting it to SD. 1080p, BRD-quality visuals, and now with Move, the ideal gesture-based interface. PS3 is the ideal platform. Would also work with Kinect and 720p HD video on XB360, but you'd have higher compression I'm guessing, assuming loads and loads of animated content.
That would be a matter of opinion. Given that the Wii could connect with the DS ,I'm pretty sure there are a variety of gameplay features that could foster from that.

Anywas, the DS version definitely deserves some attention, too. Definitely one of the prettiest games on the platform.
image286.png

Last edited by a moderator:
That would be a matter of opinion. Given that the Wii could connect with the DS ,I'm pretty sure there are a variety of gameplay features that could foster from that.

Anywas, the DS version definitely deserves some attention, too. Definitely one of the prettiest games on the platform.

Is the rune drawing mandatory or optional in the DS game ? What does it accomplish ?

Blame it on my limited Japanese. I thought your language doesn't have z ?

Is everything here...

real-time ? ... since they mentioned they replaced the cutscenes in DS with real-time rendering. Or are there still FMV cutscenes in the final game ?
Some parts in there are fmv, but just for comparison sake.

Yes, they compared the FMV with PS3 render side by side. That's why I asked if everything is 3D render.

This game better sell coz I want to see Nausicaa made.

Wow ! I am absolutiely a fan of anything Studio GHibli :D ! IMy fav is Spirited Away !(I think I have mentioned that before many times :mrgreen:) .

Lemme watch the video ! (buffer quickly Youtube....Aaahhh...have to stop the torrents....! )

Oooh, does anyone know if DS games will run on 3DS? I'm assuming they will but haven't been paying too much attention, even though I plan on getting the 3DS. :p Still waiting on 199 price before jumping on a PS3, but this game I REALLY want. And the rune drawing sounds like fun making the DS version a little more attractive anyways.

Regards,
SB

Oooh, does anyone know if DS games will run on 3DS? I'm assuming they will but haven't been paying too much attention, even though I plan on getting the 3DS. :p Still waiting on 199 price before jumping on a PS3, but this game I REALLY want. And the rune drawing sounds like fun making the DS version a little more attractive anyways.

Regards,
SB
It has been confirmed that 3DS will be totally backwards compatible with existing DS and DSi games.

My fav is Spirited Away !(I think I have mentioned that before many times :mrgreen:) .

Yes. in terms of anime, I think Spirited Away is his best work. Howl's Moving Castle and Princess Mononoke are also fascinating.

In terms of his manga, I believe Nausicaa and the Valley of the Wind is the best. It's also his only extensive work on war (He did it to prove that he could depict cruelsome, large scale battles if he wanted to. :cool:. It seems that one of his friends mocked him about his consistently peaceful themes).

Spirited Away and Nausicaa are both very rich settings for a game. I think we need someone who think like Ueda (Ico), Jenova Chen, the Demon's Souls team, or even Kazunori to make the games: Don't [insert expletives] rush.

Yes. in terms of anime, I think Spirited Away is his best work. Howl's Moving Castle and Princess Mononoke are also fascinating.

In terms of his manga, I believe Nausicaa and the Valley of the Wind is the best. It's also his only extensive work on war (He did it to prove that he could depict cruelsome, large scale battles if he wanted to. :cool:. It seems that one of his friends mocked him about his consistently peaceful themes).

Spirited Away and Nausicaa are both very rich settings for a game. I think we need someone who think like Ueda (Ico), Jenova Chen, the Demon's Souls team, or even Kazunori to make the games: Don't [insert expletives] rush.

Oh Yes ! Even Kiki's Delivery service is so sweet ! His movies are just magic, but somehow I always think of Spirited Away when I think of Miyazaki ! :)
Naussica is great, Howl's Moving Castle left a deep impression on my mind too. My Friend Totorro left me with a weird feeling, though I loved that film too. The Cat-bus was scary to me :oops: !
This seems to be another of those Battle-system games. I don't l;ike them at all.
You are very right in saying that we need someone like Ueda or Chen to make games on his universes. They are too delicate and subtle to be handled in standard gaming fashion ! We need someone with a jap bend of mind. Even the Silent Hill creators(1,2,3) have a unique way of looking at life. Don't make it to sell millions, make iti to touch the heart like his films do :cool: !

EDIT: I still have to watch "Grave of the Fireflies"....now where's my DVD :O ?

Back