Next-Gen Product Names? [2019 Edition]

That's pretty much how it worked with my niece with her cries of "have to have Apple iThang for FaceTime", otherwise you're shunned.

Since the OGXbox name was a silly code name that stuck because the ideas the marketing folks came up with were laughable, I can only assume the sequels have been a not so subtile revenge by the marketing team. "If they thought those names sucked, wait till they see these. Who's laughing now Allard!"

Since the OGXbox name was a silly code name that stuck because the ideas the marketing folks came up with were laughable, I can only assume the sequels have been a not so subtile revenge by the marketing team. "If they thought those names sucked, wait till they see these. Who's laughing now Allard!"
Yes theres obviously some deeper story there, I wonder when it would come out.
OK you can choose a trolling confusing name once or maybe twice if you're really stupid, but no way 3 times, it has to be deliberate

Infinite is a dumb name. However these are the same people who thought calling "One" to their third console was cool. And then thought that adding an "X" as suffix to a new, mid-gen console that already had two "Xs" wasn't going to create confusion.
Obviously not confusing enough :D

I think "360” has been their best name so far. Easy to say, rolls off the tongue, and doesn't require you to say anything too silly like "X" or "extreme/ultra/Pro."

Yes, I'm still salty that they didn't stick a UHD drive in the PS4Pro and call it the PS4K. It was bloody asking for it.

https://www.businessinsider.com/mic...e-going-forward-2019-12?utm_source=reddit.com
"The name we're carrying forward to the next generation is simply Xbox," a Microsoft representative told Business Insider, "And at The Game Awards you saw that name come to life through the Xbox Series X."

Like the first Xbox generation, the next one is simply named "Xbox."

One thing is clear: That "Series X" bit isn't so important — it's just Xbox from now on.

Excellent news!

I just bought this on eBay so I'm all set for the next generation!

s-l300.jpg

I think "360” has been their best name so far. Easy to say, rolls off the tongue, and doesn't require you to say anything too silly like "X" or "extreme/ultra/Pro."

I always though 360 would have been a great name for one of the first 3D consoles from an established manufacturer too. Like Nintendo 360, or Sega 360. Maybe even Atari 360? N64 was specially well fit for the name because of the analogue stick as well... But it was a goof choice for the second xbox in my opinion too. It's a bit random, but it's not too bad.

Yes, I'm still salty that they didn't stick a UHD drive in the PS4Pro and call it the PS4K. It was bloody asking for it.

Yeah, I can't believe they've let themselves miss that oportunity right after they DIDN'T make a mid-gen refresh for the ps3 targeting 3D TVs called PS3D.

So whats the next Xbox?
series Y, series XX, type X. I am partial to series Z though, but of courses whats after Z?
Xbox naming is like trump being president, if you went back in time 20 years ago and said this what will happen ppl would not believe you.
Of course at the end of the day, its not that important, I do find it amusing though

Back