News & Rumours: Playstation 4/ Orbis *spin*

Status
Not open for further replies.
On DmC remaster, the splash screen is visible less than half a second before gameplay is resumed.
I'm talking from cold, i.e. pressing the PS button on the controller. Dying Light is also near instant once the splash screen appears but the question remains, if the PS4 is preserving the contents of RAM, why do some games take longer than others to resume.

I set mine to 3 hours - I admit I have thought that they could have given more options here, 1 hour should be enough for me.

I'd forgotten there was a timed option in Settings. Perhaps the DS4 takes longer to charge when connected to the PS4 but using the official Sony charging station you can go from zero (no bars, controller switches itself off) to fully charged in under an hour. Wall electrickery >> PS4 electrickery.

I'd forgotten there was a timed option in Settings. Perhaps the DS4 takes longer to charge when connected to the PS4 but using the official Sony charging station you can go from zero (no bars, controller switches itself off) to fully charged in under an hour. Wall electrickery >> PS4 electrickery.
To be honest I usually play on my sofa with the controller plugged to my MacBook. Basically I use my stupidly expensive macbook as a charging station. I spend my money wisely like that.

To be honest I usually play on my sofa with the controller plugged to my MacBook. Basically I use my stupidly expensive macbook as a charging station. I spend my money wisely like that.
That's ok, I use my Macbook as an iPad charging station too ;)

And I use my vita 1000 charger for charging ds 4... It make the battery hotter than charging via ps4 USB.

Dunno it's faster or not.

You can click "cancel auto-renew" in your account settings on the PS4. Your subscription will continue until the period ends.
Thanks, I'll try and do that.

I hate how both Sony and MS decide that you buying an X month subscription means you would like that subscription to continue in perpetuity (unless you opt out).

I hate how both Sony and MS decide that you buying an X month subscription means you would like that subscription to continue in perpetuity (unless you opt out).
I agree that subscription auto-newall should always be opt-in but it's easy when you purchase your subscription to cancel auto renewal straight after because that transaction will be at the top of the list of previous transactions.

Unfortunately a lot of businesses do that. I found myself having to cancel auto-renew memberships I didn't even know anything about - one came up when I bought some cinema tickets and I later found out that some very small print tied me in to £15 a month of some stupid and completely useless membership. Only realised 4 months after. Borderline illegal.

I think their system is better than most, and fine for me. What I don't like is that when I have a yearly subscription with auto-renewal, and then I get some kind of bonus 3 month subscription code, after having entered that code, then my auto-renewal has switched to every three months as well, which is more expensive.

@Arwin i wonder what happen when you got PS plus extension from Sony themselfs. I think all of us got 3 days extension for free? How the auto renewal will work...

@Arwin i wonder what happen when you got PS plus extension from Sony themselfs. I think all of us got 3 days extension for free? How the auto renewal will work...
In that example Sony just bumped everybodies subscription expiry date by three days. They didn't put us all on 3 day auto-renew subscriptions! :)

I'm talking from cold, i.e. pressing the PS button on the controller. Dying Light is also near instant once the splash screen appears but the question remains, if the PS4 is preserving the contents of RAM, why do some games take longer than others to resume.

Maybe they're trying to reconnect to online services?

Oh my SONY!!!

Thank you for killing Music Unlimited and releasing Spotify on PS4 WITHOUT GEO-IP LOCK :D :D :D :D
yihhaw. i can listen musics for free, legally (is it legal? i use US PSN account but not on US lol), without needing to use Hola on PC.

hmm, i think this can be my next youtube video tutorial lol. Spotify for freeeeeeeeee for PS4 users in my country. yahoooo.

EDIT:
CRAAAAP... the Voice command did not work with spotify app :(

there goes my dream of using PS4 as fun as X360 voice command for musics...

EDIT:
!!!! zing! the app also automatically pause in-game music for games thats compatible with PS4 USB music player :D

EDIT:
-____- the app is CLOSED when playing games. Why sony WHYYYYY :(
so i must put a playlist BEFORE launchig games

Last edited:
EDIT:
-____- the app is CLOSED when playing games. Why sony WHYYYYY :(
so i must put a playlist BEFORE launchig games

Check the quick menu [hold the PS button longer], the audio player controls should be present there.

I heard that this app can also be controlled via smartphone.

Sweet! New Prodigy album and Spotify on PS4 - very nice! I'm raving and playing Farcry 4 at the same time. Bliss.

Spotify sucks if you have any interest in music discovery or a taste window that opens beyond the latest Rihanna single.

Where's my rdio support Sony? Or at least better MP3 support than the current barebones app?

Spotify sucks if you have any interest in music discovery or a taste window that opens beyond the latest Rihanna single.

Where's my rdio support Sony? Or at least better MP3 support than the current barebones app?
Sorry but that's complete rubbish. Without Spotify I would never even have heard some of the great non-commercial music I loved in the last year or so.

Or maybe you miss Taylor Swift. You can still get her stuff on iTunes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back