News & Rumours: Playstation 4/ Orbis *spin*

Status
Not open for further replies.
*zen breathing technique*

They exist. They are accumulating in warehouses, crying out to join their rightful owner. The Preorder Ones.

http://www.gamepur.com/news/12644-p...retailer-warehouses-employee-leak-images.html

p98UGeN.jpg

That box is so narrow... any word on dimensions?

The low weight and this narrow box size must have really helped for shipment costs I guess? I wonder where those pictures are from... they seem to be in stores and on the shelves... lol...

The person who posted those images posted them on a deal-sharing site I visit here in Canada (redflagdeals). He says that he's still running the stock 1.00 firmware and it's already very smooth. Says that 1.00 is pretty limited in functionality and that he can't update it to 1.5 (1.05?) yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting... high five for the Canadian connection :)

I assume this is one of those huge department stores away from the cities... I have heard many a legend about early releases on game related merchandise.

Nice... they have a 486 page thread on PS4...

Ya, the PS4 is a hot topic there.

edit: Here's the post where the images originated from. He also comments on where he got it from, what the packaging looks like, what the UI is like etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
NBA 2K14′s Eco-Motion Engine Brings Players to Life on PS4

My contender for best looking launch game. It looks incredible :oops:

One example of the Eco-Motion Engine in action is the new fluid nature of player animations. Gone are the days of pre-canned animations that must play out exactly as they were mocapped. Now, players adjust their movements based on the environment around them. Jumpshots will change midair, dribble moves will alter in between dribbles, and players will land in a unique way following every thunderous dunk or block. No two animations will ever appear exactly the same. To illustrate this point, our Dev team recently showed off a looping video of OKC star Kevin Durant taking the same jumpshot ten different times. Sure enough, each clip was unique in some way. In one shot, KD pulled off a perfect shooting motion. But in the next, a defender stepped up and altered the shot, causing him to rush the release and land awkwardly on one foot. These types of play-to-play variations occur constantly in real life sports, but until now it’s been a challenge to capture the fluid and dynamic nature of live sports in a video game. Not anymore.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/11/06/nba-2k14s-eco-motion-engine-brings-players-to-life-on-ps4/

The person who posted those images posted them on a deal-sharing site I visit here in Canada (redflagdeals). He says that he's still running the stock 1.00 firmware and it's already very smooth. Says that 1.00 is pretty limited in functionality and that he can't update it to 1.5 (1.05?) yet.
Are you from Canada? It is a country that always particularly appealed to me, though Ireland and Scotland -and Wales to some extent- have always been my weaknesses.

Are you from Canada? It is a country that always particularly appealed to me, though Ireland and Scotland -and Wales to some extent- have always been my weaknesses.
Yes. But I live in a relatively small/quiet city compared to say, Toronto, Montreal or Vancouver.

NBA 2K14 is going to have to compete with MLB The Show :)

And yes 2K14 looks kind of stunning... I really liked the animations in that video.

^Province?

Hmph, Playstation button and motion control doesn't work with DS4 in Beyond 2 Souls. Back to DS3 !

List of DS4 compatible games on PS3:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=703741

-----A-----
All-Stars Battle Royale
Assassins Creed IV

-----B-----
Batman Arkham Origins/Arkham City
Battlefield: Bad Company 2
Battlefield 3/4
Bioshock 1/3
Bloodstone
Borderlands 2

-----C-----
Call of Duty 4
Call of Duty (MW2, MW3, Black Ops, Black Ops 2)
Call of duty classic
Call of Duty: Ghosts
Carnivores HD
Castle Crashers
Castlevania: Harmony of Despair
Crysis

-----D-----

Dark Souls
Darkstalkers Chronicles
Dead Space
Dead Rising 2
Demon's Souls
Deus Ex
Diablo 3
Dragon's Crown
Dust514

-----E-----
Earthworm Jim HD

-----F-----
Far Cry 2/3
Fatal Frame 1/2
Final Fantasy XIV

-----G-----

Galaga legions dx
GOW: Ascention
GOW: III
GT HD
Guacamelee
Guilty Gear X

-----H-----
Hard Corps: Uprising
Heavy Rain (no motion sensing)
Hotline Miami
Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational

-----I-----
Infamous 1/2/Festival of Blood

-----J-----
Joe Danger
Journey
Just Cause 2

-----K-----
Killzone 2/3 (Motion sensor explosives don't work)
Killzone HD
Kingdoms of Amalur

-----L-----
LittleBigPlanet 1/2 (Motion sensing and MOVE don't work)
Limbo

-----M-----
Malicious
Mass Effect 1/2/3
Megaman 10 hd
Metal Gear Rising
Metal Slug 1/2
MGS: Peacewalker
MLB the Show II
Motorstorm: Apocalypse/Pacific Rift

-----N-----
NCAA Football 14
Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
NHl14
NBA Jam

-----O-----
Oddworld Stranger's Wrath
Outland

-----P-----
Pacific Rim
Pacman championship dx
Persona 4 Arena
Pinball Arcade
Portal 2
Prototype
PS1 Games
Puppeteer

-----R-----
Ratchet & Clank : Quest for Booty
Rayman: Legends/Origins
Red Dead Redemption
Resistance 2
RE: Revelations
Resident Evil 4 HD

-----S-----
SF4 AE 2012
Shadow of the colossus
Shadow of the damned
Skyrim
Sleeping Dogs
Soul Calibur 5
Sound Shapes
Spec Ops The Line
Spelunky
Street Fighter 3: Third Strike
Super Stardust HD

-----T-----
Tales of Xillia
Tekken 6
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Terraria
The Last of Us
Tomb Raider

-----U-----
Uncharted 1/2/3

-----V-----
Valkyria Chronicles
Vanquish

-----W-----
Warhawk
Wipeout HD
Wolfenstein
WWE 2K14

-----X-----
Xcom enemy unknown

Not the WHOLE point, of course.

I think you'll find most of the time you'd use remote play on vita to either continue a fullscreen session, or else have vita be a double screen thing like wiiu. Gaming via remote play while truly on the move (IE, not on your own wifi network) is going to be dodgy, and there's constraints on how it lets you view video material as well via remote play (no protected disc playback for example).

I don't think that's true at all. I think the most common use will be picking up your Vita while you're in a different room from your PS4, connecting via remote play to wake it up from a sleep state and launching a game of your choice to play. No matter how the use scenario breaks down, they have to build it around the assumption you're not already in the room with the PS4 when you want to initiate a session.

But why hide the functionality inside an app? Put it under an existing user interface widget! For example, there's already a bubble thing in the top right corner of the home screen which would have been suitable.

You mean the notification widget? That's a pretty stupid place for it. There's no reason for it not to be an app like everything else.

I think the most common use will be picking up your Vita while you're in a different room from your PS4
How many rooms do you have? How many vitas? If the first is more than one, and the other is less than two, you probably won't have your vita laying ready and waiting in the room where your PS4 is not. Also, the time it takes to boot a vita...you could walk up to your PS4 and switch it on faster than you can turn on the vita, poke at the home screen to start the remote play app and connect.

Yeah, there's also vita sleep mode, which drains the battery. I had mine drain out the other day and it took nearly TWO HOURS of charging over USB to bring the battery back up to a point where it would even let me turn the system back on... Not recommended!

You mean the notification widget? That's a pretty stupid place for it.
It was just an example where you could put it. I don't see what's so stupid about it, if you're so determined that the bubble is a notification widget, well alright then, as of now it isn't the notification widget anymore. It's the quick access widget, ok? :devilish:

There's no reason for it not to be an app like everything else.
Why? It's a base function of the system, or sony wants it to be anyway. Wifi isn't an app you have to start to enable, for example. It's a hindrance to universal adoption by customers simply by requiring unnecessary extra steps to use. If you want people to use something, it has to be as simple and easy as possible to use. Any extra effort - any at all - will just make some people not bother, and the more people who don't bother the less support you get for the feature, and less support will mean fewer will bother, which means even less support still, and so on it goes until you end up with a lame duck of a feature and a lame duck of a gadget, like PS3 camera for example.

It needs to be built into the OS directly. There's no reason not to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back