News & Rumours: Playstation 4/ Orbis *spin*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another indie game nailed down its release window today:

Doki-Doki Universe comes to PS3, PS4 and PS Vita in December
http://www.polygon.com/2013/11/5/5071068/doki-doki-universe-playstation-4-ps3-vita-release-date

HumaNature Studios' charming adventure game about a robot's journey to explore the concept of humanity, Doki-Doki Universe, will come to PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita this December.

HumaNature founder Greg Johnson announced the new release window during his talk at GDC Next today, showing a new trailer for the quirky, illustrated adventure. The game was previously slated for release on PS4 sometime in 2013.

The title will be free to download from the PlayStation Store and includes a series of amusing personality quizzes, the option to fly around the game's universe and the Doki-Doki Mail application, which lets players exchange messages. Players can purchase and download the rest of the game — the simulation, role-playing game, interactive storytelling part — if they want to explore the universe with the robot QT3 and chat with its inhabitants.

The UI is completely navigable from the d-pad and x button. You don't have to touch the screen to launch the app.
Yes, but that's even more cumbersome, so not actually any improvement... ;)

I'm not sure what would be a better way to initiate Remote Play on Vita. You'd have to go into a menu and tell it to start in any case.
Why? How about: it just starts when you activate it on PS4.

Also, it's separate apps for PS3 and PS4. What the hell? Make it the same one if you absolutely have to launch something!

\
Also, it's separate apps for PS3 and PS4. What the hell? Make it the same one if you absolutely have to launch something!

If you have a PS3 and a PS4 in the same room you sure want to tell it which one to use

The remote play (app) should also not split out of common UI flow. You should get the same experience with it as with other vita apps. Switch between them, close etc.

Yes, but that's even more cumbersome, so not actually any improvement... ;)

Why? How about: it just starts when you activate it on PS4.

How can you activate it on the PS4 when the whole point is to use it when you are away from the system? It has to be Vita initiated.

How can you activate it on the PS4 when the whole point is to use it when you are away from the system?
Not the WHOLE point, of course.

I think you'll find most of the time you'd use remote play on vita to either continue a fullscreen session, or else have vita be a double screen thing like wiiu. Gaming via remote play while truly on the move (IE, not on your own wifi network) is going to be dodgy, and there's constraints on how it lets you view video material as well via remote play (no protected disc playback for example).

It has to be Vita initiated.
But why hide the functionality inside an app? Put it under an existing user interface widget! For example, there's already a bubble thing in the top right corner of the home screen which would have been suitable.

The RP code being separate for the PS3 and PS4 could make it easier to make changes/improvements for both without too much of a headache.

Maybe certain apps could be consolidated in others though, but that might depend on how many options/settings are already crammed into one particular application.

Early footages of the next Uncharted ?

ND = VGA

They have a ton of studios, and most of them are working on unannounced PS4 titles, so it's hard to say what will they show. And let's not forget Agent. :p

I wouldn't be surprised if they kept some surprises and last-minute confirmations for garnering some extra launch-hype.

Its got to be nd's next game and/or GT 6 for ps4. Somethings that are really stick the boot in to Microsoft.

Forza and ryse are the standout titles for Xbox one. Uncharted 4 (although I would prefer jax and daxter to return) and GT would counter those perfectly.

GT6 seems *highly* unlikely. Even a sneak preview would be risky and unlikely, if you ask me, considering how GT6 on PS3 is keeping them busy and what PD has said about it in the past. And any promise of a GT that doesn't lead to a release within years is a bad idea.

That said, GT did have a demo fairly early on in the PS3 lifecycle, so I can't rule it out either. But I would be really surprised at this point.

There are plenty of more likely candidates, like Naughty Dog and Santa Monica. Media Molecule (not a new game, but update to their interesting experiment), etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back