Newest cards in Rightmark2 (DX10 bench)

Old, already the russian version of the article has been discussed:D

This article is 2 driver generations old already! Its nice to have a translated version but I think we need to see these tests with the newest drivers to get a real world, up to date idea of how these cards run. Right now this article is useless to us.

Thanks for the link - I was looking forward to the english version. But yeah, more sites need to add this to their DX10 benching suite so we get more current numbers.

This article is 2 driver generations old already! Its nice to have a translated version but I think we need to see these tests with the newest drivers to get a real world, up to date idea of how these cards run. Right now this article is useless to us.
Well, things didn't change too much, from the 8.38* Catalyst release used there until now, with 1~2 big exceptions.
Maybe ATi would not spend much time & resources optimizing their DX10 driver path for a rather silly synthetic benchie, but will press on the game titles, as it should be.

PS 4.0 tests show that NVIDIA chips cope with lots of texture fetches and low ALU load better. In their turn, AMD solutions outperform their competitors in computing tests of pixel shaders. R6xx-based cards demonstrate very good results in one of them, they outperform NVIDIA cards. The situation in the second test is not clear yet because of buggy drivers.

It's kinda weird that they seem to be using price to determine which two cards should be considered competitors given the supposedly technical nature of the test.

Back