Newegg: Coming Soon to a Canada Near You

yea I herd about this. I hope the selection is the same as what they offer in the US but I have a feeling it'll be gimped. It would be nice to have an alternative to ncix.com

yea I herd about this. I hope the selection is the same as what they offer in the US but I have a feeling it'll be gimped. It would be nice to have an alternative to ncix.com
Well, that's going to depend upon their business model. If they maintain their inventory in the US for Canadian sales, then it won't be an issue: it'll just be a change in currency. But if, due to international shipping laws, they basically are forced to maintain their inventory in Canada for their Canadian site (either for reasons related to shipping costs, or taxes), then clearly they'll be forced to have a much smaller selection, at least to start.

Honestly I don't know how shipping between Canada and the US works.

What's so great about Newegg? They don't even have assembly, also they lead the fight against pricing transparancy ...

What's so great about Newegg? They don't even have assembly, also they lead the fight against pricing transparancy ...

Assembly seems like something incredibly minor, people actually use that from such stores? Ew. Anyway, one of the reasons why they're so popular in the US is because they have a massive selection of parts, chances are Newegg will have what you're looking for. But the main reason is Newegg has incredibly good service. They ship the orders very quickly and they handle issues extremely well.

One in every crowd...

They may not be "number one" in every individual category, but they're at or near the top in all, so that basically makes them number one. As for your complaints - if you can't build your own computer you have no business ordering the parts anyway, and it's not like it's terribly difficult to find the price on any particular item... You can thank NV for the lack of price transparency, BTW.

The nice thing about Newegg is that their prices are almost always quite good. They may not be the best, but you usually remain within a few percent of the best by shopping there. So, because of their wide selection and excellent website design, it's often easiest to just shop there. The good service helps quite a bit, too.

Why don't newegg cater to European customers? I want a new case and nobody has it in Norway. :(

Back