New Warhawk news and video!

Qroach said:
Neat feature, but wouldn't it just be more practical to allow people to run servers on a PC?
consumers running a ps3 game server on a pc? how would that work?

Qroach said:
Neat feature, but wouldn't it just be more practical to allow people to run servers on a PC?

Yeah, I totally agree...

Bad_Boy said:
consumers running a ps3 game server on a pc? how would that work?

The pc won't be displaying or actually playing the game. It's not like xbox live requires MS to setup a bunch of xbox to host the game. Of course, this means that either the game allows the user enter the ip/host address of the server. Or the pc game server would register itself against some globally server. Of course, the danger is people reverse engineering the network package to figure a way to hack the game.

TrungGap said:
Yeah, I totally agree...

The pc won't be displaying or actually playing the game. It's not like xbox live requires MS to setup a bunch of xbox to host the game. Of course, this means that either the game allows the user enter the ip/host address of the server. Or the pc game server would register itself against some globally server. Of course, the danger is people reverse engineering the network package to figure a way to hack the game.
No, Im not talking about running the game on th pc, I know how dedicated servers work (atleast i hope so lol), I'm wondering how would the consumer get the software for the PC? From the blu-ray disc the game ships on? And wouldnt the cell processor be better than most desktops for running a server?

Where are these PS3 pics coming from? The Euro show hasn't started yet, has it? I haven't seen mention of it.

Shifty Geezer said:
Where are these PS3 pics coming from? The Euro show hasn't started yet, has it? I haven't seen mention of it.

The ChinaJoy show. They have videos and demos playing over there right now as I type.

I remember that being mentioned. The Resistance shots look much improved on what I had seen earlier, which suggests there is some new content being shown. Is there a weblink to somewhere covering it all?

Shifty Geezer said:
I remember that being mentioned. The Resistance shots look much improved on what I had seen earlier, which suggests there is some new content being shown. Is there a weblink to somewhere covering it all?

Hum, no idea. Since the gamefront logo is upon'em i guess it's courtesy of them. Maybe they've been there? :)

Shifty Geezer said:

Yeah Resistence looks better, which is good.

extended trailer:
http://www.playsyde.com/news_3319_en.html
(with ground fighting)

1127_0006.jpg

1127_0007.jpg

the environment looks super boring imho

The warhawk team has quite a challenge ahead of them.

Once you see things like the COD3 trailer, Resistance, and GoW (for a more similar 3rd person view), its going to be very difficult for them to make the ground combat sequences not seem 'tacked on'. Reason being the bar set for graphics/gameplay for these types of games will be so high by the time this game is realeased.

Dont get me wrong, this could be 'fun' but based on whats shown here theres nothing that looks remotely next-gen.

Well, the emphasis is on flying and that already looks good. Further I think all the latest vids are from the E3 build. (unless someone can correct me)

the environment looks super boring imho
Considering much of the time you'll be flying around 100s of meters above the ground and showing half a level's worth of geometry at a time, there can't be oodles of detail at ground level or:

A - the game would chug to a halt, unable to maintain a decent framerate, and;

B - levels won't fit in available RAM, and;

C - the world will take ages to model by the artists and game won't be ready for years to come.

Overall, warhawk is stunningly beautiful and looks smoothly polished, from a technical sense.

Well, the emphasis is on flying and that already looks good. Further I think all the latest vids are from the E3 build. (unless someone can correct me)

Sure, but what i dont want is for the ground game to bring down the overall experience just so they can say they "have it", which if i had to guess based on these shots, it just might. I loved the idea of being able ot get out and run around but not if its going to be a real drop in quality/fun from the rest of the game.

EDIT: A good example of doing it 'right' would be 'Infiltrator 2' from 100 years ago which, at the time, provided an equally enjoyable air and ground game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back