New ROG Ally being announced tomorrow

LiveGamer

Newcomer

Interested in what this could be? How much more power can we expect?

In terms of the SoC the interesting thing would be if they threw a surprise in here and announced it were using the Snapdragon X.

But I'm guessing the main changes might be to the interior and exterior layouts and form.

I am kinda surprised, but they want to improve the first with all the feedback they got.

Talking about surprises, I saw the ROG Ally yesterday in a list of most sold console like devices. Of course it was just 100 units but it's not that bad when you see that the Xbox Series S/X, which were on the list, sold only 500 combined.

Asus SVP Shawn Yen tells The Verge — because Asus will cram a substantially larger battery pack into the Ally X’s revised shell. “We’re not looking at 30 to 40 percent more capacity,” he tells me. “We’re looking at way more than that.”

Asus won’t talk specific specs today. Instead, Yen asks me how much battery life I’d realistically like from a revised handheld. I say I’d want to double the worst-case battery life to three hours since I’m currently seeing maybe 1.5 hours in intensive games. “It won’t disappoint your worst-case scenario,” he tells me.

Back