New Metroid: Hunters and Rayman DS shots

Teasy

Veteran
hunters1.jpg

hunters2.jpg

rayman.jpg

Metroid: Hunters looks fantastic to me, all at 60fps as well. I'm very glad the map has been moved to the bottom screen now as well. It looks like the game will be much better this way.

I can't wait to play the demo when I get my DS just under a month from now! :D

Rayman DS looks really nice as well, just as good as the initial N64 shot they used as a DS screen. I assume these new shots of Rayman DS must be real DS shots. Since Rayman is going to be out for DS this year.

Someone please explain to me how the second screen works in those games?

For Metroid: Hunters the bottom screen is used to control the view point of the main character (as well as certain functions like morph ball and weapon changed). As well as being used as a map obviously. In Rayman it looks like its used to switch between functionality while playing the game (camera views ect) as well as holding certain stats so they don't have to go on the primary screen.

Rayman appears to be camera control (would work just as well with L/R). It looks like it was slapped on after the game was pretty much finished. In a Ok the game is done, but wtf do we do with the second screen now! way.

If you scroll down to the bottom of this page and click on 'Gameplay Demonstration' if gives you a good idea of Metroid Prime: Hunters in action, even though it's 14 minutes and not very good quality, it's still very interesting to see how the control works.

Those are some awfully blurry pics. Are there any clear pictures around the net? If so please post them. Metroid sounds like a game that I will have to buy, so I will have to get a DS for that.

Quake 1 pics (down sampled to make them closer to the size of the Metroid Pics):

q1shot001.jpg

q1shot002.jpg

The pics look even worse before being down sampled.. talk about pixelation! :oops:

Quake 1 - software render - 320x240:

non_GL.jpg

Quake 1 - GL render - 640x480 resized to 320x240:

gl.jpg

Metroid Prime - 320x240:

metroid.jpg

I prefer Quake myself, but you can grab whatever screenshots you want to prove your case in your mind.

Zurich,

Your GLQ gamma seems to be out of wack. That shot's completely washed-out... Anyway, I don't think there's ANY doubt that Metroid will spank a roughly eight year older game title from a visual standpoint.

Guden Oden said:
Zurich,

Your GLQ gamma seems to be out of wack. That shot's completely washed-out... Anyway, I don't think there's ANY doubt that Metroid will spank a roughly eight year older game title from a visual standpoint.

That was probably taken on a 3Dfx card, IIRC the gamma on their OpenGL mini-driver was crazy.

Anyhow, the bottom line for me is that Metroid Hunters is not as impressive as everyone is making it out to be, as a nearly 10 year old game looks just as good, if not better.

Some more Quake 1 320x240 software renders:

q28.jpg

q29.jpg

q30.jpg

It's amazing how good a game can look once you put it on a small screen :LOL: 8)

Back