New Lost Planet Trailer

Does anyone know for sure what framerate this game is running at? I remember them saying that with their framework they couldn't get "next-gen graphics" running at 60fps at least for the Xbox360.

Last edited by a moderator:
The multiplayer at the end of that video looks a lot smoother than multiplayer sessions on all UE3 games I've seen so far. Animation, effects, framerate, motion blur, all are well synthesized to create a fairly balanced piece of work which is probably near the shipment. If Capcom licensed their Framework engine to others it'd be a solid business.

indeed

very impressed with Capcom's work so far

Does anyone know for sure what framerate this game is running at? I remember them saying that with their framework they couldn't get "next-gen graphics" running at 60fps at least for the Xbox360.

the very old demo I have plays at a very fast and solid framerate. I guess they can only improve on that.

man multiplayer does not look like any graphics were reduced...

looks fun as well with several varied components with the mechs, sticky grenades, snipers, the grappling hook, the frozen environment requiring you to stay warm.

this, Gears of War and Assassin's Creed will be in my box for the next year or more.

:oops:
lppl7.gif

Best Explosions Ever is right.

Wow. That makes up for some of the blander environments. My eyes feel like they just OD on eye candy. Hypnotic..

I think those are possibly some of the best explosion and fire effects that I've ever seen in a game! I love good explosions and fire.

I don't know why but this game reminds me of Blue Stinger for the DC...
The explosions are really nice!
It looks like there's mass and volume.

The explosions are really nice!
It looks like there's mass and volume.

That is exactly it. The explosions look great as do the smoke effects and especially different smoke trails, it is as you said, they really feel that there is mass and real volume, I would say so far those, if not the best, some of the absolute best smoke effects.

Apart from that, this game hasn't really intersted me so much, I don't know if it is the bit simpler/flatt enviroments or characaters, but I didn't really feel wowed by it, but this video does increase my interest in this gave several fold, apart from the great fire, explosion and smoke effects, the enemies look great and there seems to be some massive fighting going on at times and some really impresive huge bugs that make it feel really massive...

Back