New Lost Planet Trailer

Expletive, thank you. :)

Yeah that trailer's much better... (well, different rather)

But much more useful. Anyway, well there's a big graphical discrepency between what's in the cutscenes and what's in the gameplay. I guess I was expecting a little more in that sense after seeing the first trailer. But the game looks really quite fun for a shooter, and I like the environments/feel of it. (Though I could do without Mothra; you telling me there are giant moths on alien worlds? Stick with the original designs!)

Anyway and the multi-player looks awesome.

Everything with HUD is actual gameplay.
The cut scenes are indeed all in real time..(its the Capcom way).

But yeah..besides the character models (facial detail, and a little more suit detail for dialogue/close ups), I totally have to disagree with there being any real discrepancy between the cut-scene visuals and the gameplay visuals..I think it looks obviously the same as far as geometry, effects, everything.

The particle effects are the best I've seen! The smoke and explosions are unreal! And the use of motion blur is perfect. Another AAA title from Capcom.

OMG! Capcom ftw!
That TGS 400MB trailer thing from xboxyde is astounding! Exclamation mark!

Last edited by a moderator:
This game has never really done it for me, the explosions are great, but the texture detail and character models leave something to be desired. The enemies look great, but I still wish the environments were better, and little touches like actually seeing your footprints in the snow would go a long way.

With that said, the mech/snowmobile fuckin rules! And the new scenes with the sunlit sky are very nice.

Graphics yes they are very very good and great and all nice things... but that has been said. And will continue to be said.

I wabt to say that this game is fun. I played the demo for HOURS. This game is Capcom in top form and it's more than the some of it's parts. I emphasize this because I was ready to write it off as filler. Really looking forward to this game.

I'm even looking forward to playing sequals to this game 10 years from now. Thanks, Capcom! ; )

lppl7.gif

Best Explosions Ever is right.

OMG! Capcom ftw!
That TGS 400MB trailer thing from xboxyde is astounding! Exclamation mark!

Absolute beauty. Awesome action. Capcom really did an incredible job on this one. The multiplayer looks cool as well. Monsters look breath-taking.
Minor things: no permanent footprints in the snow.

Absolute beauty. Awesome action. Capcom really did an incredible job on this one. The multiplayer looks cool as well. Monsters look breath-taking.
Minor things: no permanent footprints in the snow.

i agree. i want persistence generally in all videgamoes... from much slower smoke dissipation to sand and snow prints...

i agree. i want persistence generally in all videgamoes... from much slower smoke dissipation to sand and snow prints...

That's a good point too. In fact even moreso than 'perma-tracks,' soem lingering smoke after explosions would reallly do a lot for atmosphere and gameplay IMO. I hope that games are able to bring us some of that sort of goodness in the near future!

This game has never really done it for me, the explosions are great, but the texture detail and character models leave something to be desired. The enemies look great, but I still wish the environments were better, and little touches like actually seeing your footprints in the snow would go a long way.

With that said, the mech/snowmobile fuckin rules! And the new scenes with the sunlit sky are very nice.

Agree on all points. Not my general type of game, but the graphics themselves seem to be hit or miss at times. Maybe too "square" in general? Great explosions and very nice effects, but when things are slow they just don't grab me. I guess the art just doesn't jive well with me. Looks like Capcom has put a ton of effort into it, so I hope it finds a lot of fans and sells well.

The multiplayer at the end of that video looks a lot smoother than multiplayer sessions on all UE3 games I've seen so far. Animation, effects, framerate, motion blur, all are well synthesized to create a fairly balanced piece of work which is probably near the shipment. If Capcom licensed their Framework engine to others it'd be a solid business.

Back