New images from BLACK!

tsek

Newcomer
img_3294258.html
I've just seen them and all i can say do we really need next gen when games like this are developed on curreny gen hardware ? Wonder what these guys (Criterion) can do on both ps3 and 360... http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/668/668817/imgs_1.html

tsek said:
I've just seen them and all i can say do we really need next gen when games like this are developed on curreny gen hardware ?

Uhm yes. You said it yourself, if they can do this on current gen hardware, think what they'll be able to do with next gen hardware! So, it might not be "needed", but then again, many things aren't "needed".

Wonder what these guys (Criterion) can do on both ps3 and 360...

Whatever they do, they surely will release super antialiased up shots like these ones to get boys like you wet with excitement! ;)

I agree. I'm far more excited about PS2 games than I am about anything Xbox360 or PS3 related for that part.

...and Final Fantasy XII for that matter... and Black looks to be a very nice shooter as well. Good times ahead, good times! :D

BTW; Haven't you seen my reply directed at you in the GTA "london" thread? :oops:

Phil said:
...and Final Fantasy XII for that matter... and Black looks to be a very nice shooter as well. Good times ahead, good times! :D

BTW; Haven't you seen my reply directed at you in the GTA "london" thread? :oops:

uhm........ don't believe i did....

Oh, i've been trying to get God of War but it's sold out everywhere here!!

cthellis42 said:
All I can say is if Rogue Galaxy doesn't make its' way over here, I'm going to be sorely pissed. :devilish:
You're in the US, the game will be picked by SCEA like the Dark Clouds, if they don't someone else (Atlus/Agetec/UBI) will do it anyway. In Europe that's another story, since DC2 bombed magistrally and most JRPG without Final Fantasy in the title tend to fail at retail.

Considering SCEA no longer exists as a stand-alone entity, would not anything published by SCEW be sure to find it's way to all territories?

What's so great about this again???Shallow gameplay(according to previews),no story,no multiplayer,typical one coloured PS2 graphics(and without the resolution and AA of these doctored shots)....oh yeah it's from criterion the developers of the "masterpiece" franchise burnout.

Oh and what's the need that drives people to say "who needs next gen when we have....black and.......KH2(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)".If Sony announced a March 2006 U.S release date for the PS3 all these people who post things like "who needs next gen when my ps2 is so great" would be shitng their pants with excitement.

fulcizombie said:
Oh and what's the need that drives people to say "who needs next gen when we have....black and.......KH2(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)".If Sony announced a March 2006 U.S release date for the PS3 all these people who post things like "who needs next gen when my ps2 is so great" would be shitng their pants with excitement.

Yeah I'm tired of people saying that too. I love my PS2 and all, but I'm ready for next-gen.

fulcizombie said:
That was really thoughtful and insightful at the same time, and not unnecessary at all. ;)

Just a thought, people tend to have different opinions and expectations.

Some people genuinely think that so far the PS2 has a good list of announced games for 2006 and that will keep them busy enough for a few moments.
And that's just an opinion, with which anyone is free to agree or disagree. But no need to discuss what are people "supposed true opinions", because that would be asking people to discuss about their biases and that would only bring noise to the forum, nothing else.

Edit:
mckmas8808 said:
Yeah I'm tired of people saying that too. I love my PS2 and all, but I'm ready for next-gen.
You're tired of people having a different point of view than yours?

Just a thought, people tend... Wait I already said that. Check a few lines before. ;)

mckmas8808 said:
At least you are being honest about it.You might be a diehard sony fan but you don't resort to "who needs next gen"(implying the ,allready on the market xbox360) on just about every thread that has doctored ps2 shots.

Oh and Vysez,all these people who "think that the ps2 has a great 2006 line up..blahblahblah", i repeat, would be shiting their pants with excitement if Sony announced a March U.S release for the ps3 and would "forget" this "great" ps2 line up.

As for black,it doesn't have anything special about it judging from just about every preview i've read and the graphics are mediocre at best(not better than killzobne) with only the "destruction" element adding some flare to a plotless,mindless and without multiplayer FPS.

I found these screenshots to be underwhelming. Sure they're pretty, but current gen PCs (even with not up-to-date specs) can do better than this. A bit of bloom/blur, some nice particles, but other than that... *shrug*

I only looked at the ten first screenies though.

fulcizombie said:
Oh and Vysez,all these people who "think that the ps2 has a great 2006 line up..blahblahblah", i repeat, would be shiting their pants with excitement if Sony announced a March U.S release for the ps3 and would "forget" this "great" ps2 line up.
Not really. The crowd on here isn't the best sampling audience, but there are quite a lot of folk who don't have the interest in hopping on a console the moment it's launched, don't have the money to, or whatever.

Even if the PS3 launches and sells 10 million units in 2006, there will still be 10x that many who have a PS2. ;) And many more who have no next gen consoles, no PS2, and are still looking forward to the OTHER new games of 2006.

I still don't see what looks amazing about this title. It looks good, but not so good that it would make me want to wait for next gen.

Whatever they do, they surely will release super antialiased up shots like these ones to get boys like you wet with excitement!
I don't care if there is any aliasing in a game that look so good in real time,at least from the vids i've seen so far.After all it's a 5-6 year old console. My point is that probably "next gen" is a bit earlier than i expected especially when there are games to be released,as mentioned above,that look and play? this good.And as for the "superaliased shots" i think that almost every shot from a game looks better than it plays... :LOL:

tsek said:
And as for the "superaliased shots" i think that almost every shot from a game looks better than it plays... :LOL:

Yeah I will agree with this post too. People say that the pic is super duper aliased, but I bet $5 that it will look 95% the same on my TV. What do you guys want? Do you really want EA to release straight screen captures of the game that look worst than actually playing it?

No, I just want straight screen captures of the game. I'm looking at this on the same display I will be playing the game on and I know damn well it won't look anywhere near as anti-alaised or filtered as that. Maybe if I hooked my PC up to the old 13" tube I have sitting in my closet it would look about 95% like what it will look like on a PS2 if I sit about 6' away; but I'd like to see real screenshots and videos of the game so I know what it will look like when I am actually playing it instead of looking at jazzed up marketing crap.

fulcizombie said:
As for black,it doesn't have anything special about it judging from just about every preview i've read and the graphics are mediocre at best(not better than killzobne) with only the "destruction" element adding some flare to a plotless,mindless and without multiplayer FPS.

How's that different from any other FPS? <ducks>

Anyways, I am another person who REALLY doesn't care for the PS3 or 360 ATM. Really, there are tons of games that I must have for the PS2. I want resident evil 4 but I don't have it. Why? Cause I'm trying to finish Dragon Quest 8! The depth of games out/coming out for the PS2 is insane.

Meanwhile in the pipeline the PS2 is coming out with:
-Tourist Trophy
-FF 12
-Okami
-MGS3: Subsistence
-among others

Let's not forget the titles released within the fall season:
-Socom 3
-Soul Caliber 3
-Resident Evil 4
-Dragon Quest 8
-Shadow of the Colossus
-Star Wars Battlefield 2, etc

Those titles alone are 4-5 months of gaming. (I generally like to finish/play out a game before I pick up another title).

So it's no surprise that people are into current gen than next gen.

Anyways, on topic, Black looks good but FPS isn't one of my fav genres.

Back