New Graphics Card

Yes, you're definitely right there. You want to TIME your upgrades and purchases that's for sure. Ok, so wow I guess this is the best time to buy a video card, soon as the price gouging stops.

With a CPU as slow as mine (Athlon 4800+, remember i Can't OC this CPU) do u think its worth them money to buy a "Superclocked" 8800GT (on average about $40-$50 more), or should i stick with stock configurations.

Your CPU is not that slow. I don't think its worth going for the price gouged "Superclocked" editions anyway though, you will likely be able to hit the speeds on your own and really with the over heating issues that have been circulating for the 8800GT the normal ones might be better off.

The other thing that changed with the Spider kits is its a Asus mobo now and not the MSI. I know the MSI has a problem with memory speed and has problems with setting speed of 1066. It works great at 800 but has problems at 1066 and some don't even have the option of 1066 in the BIOS. This might be why the Spider kits now use the Asus mobo now.

What memory did they send with your kit anyway?

This stuff here; CORSAIR Dominator 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066.

Came with 2Gb of that, the Asus M3A32-MVP (non-wifi), 9900 phenom, and that same exact heatsink you sent me but with the stock fan.

I'm gonna be switching the fans I think, but I'm running exactly what they sent me for now.

BTW-This M3A32 has got the finest backplate I have ever seen in my life, I shit you not it's nice.

13-131-224-14.jpg

Also, see that little white adapter thingy right under the backplate? It's for the power connection pinouts, where you hook up your on/reset/speaker stuff. Lets you hook up all the little wires where you can see them and then just plug the adapter onto the pins, VERY sweet!

Back