New Forza 2 CG Trailer

Maybe we're just in a mean, game-ripping mood. :smile:
Seriously the game has to go up against GT and everbody knows it.

Maybe it'll eventually shape up enough to not get totally slaughtered in the inevitable comparison but it's going to need je ne sais quoi, voila, french fries and Sophi Marceua to get there.

Well Forza 2 going againts GT HD is a pretty easy battle if you ask me. GT5 probably won't be out for a couple of years atleast.

Well Forza 2 going againts GT HD is a pretty easy battle if you ask me. GT5 probably won't be out for a couple of years atleast.

True true true.

At the rate things are going that comparison will be close, I think. What we've seen of GTHD isn't really impressive but Polyphony is selfish and their projects tend to "snowball". GTHD could end up looking underwhelming or it could be a pleasant suprise and give F2 a run for it's money.

But it's true. F2 seems to more likely going up against GTHD.

Forza 3 must be shaking in it's boots. :eek:

Why should I not comment about it?

It was more the way you said it that struck me. Comparing Forza 2 with two shipped games as if there is no room for improvement at all...

I alwarys thought that lighting in PGR3 is good but not very good (GT4 has far better lighting and it runs on a PS2), Forza 2 is really a disappointment from this point of view.

Maybe I got the wrong impression, but I didn't feel it was very professional.

I have nothing against you commenting on any game in general by the way. :)

It is not finished. You're one of the last people I would expect this from at this point in time.
Like the rest of us, nAo is commenting on what we're seeing. We talk about games in development and their technical level just as much as games that are finished (probably moreso even). Untold Legends is another example. We've been watching from the beginning and commenting on it's lack of fancy techniques and gradual improvement, knowing full well that the game is made or broken on what's released, rather than how it looked months before release. If Forza 2 comes out with all the effects we're hoping for, great. Until then, all we have to discuss are the screenshots, whether they show all those features, and whether we think the targets will be met in the final build. nAo is in as good a position as anyone to comment on the technical and artistic merits and shortcomings of Forza 2 in it's current state.

It was more the way you said it that struck me. Comparing Forza 2 with two shipped games as if there is no room for improvement at all...
There's always room from improvement, and I did not say nor imply anywhere they can't improve.

Those are the key words I was missing in his response.
That's somewhat implied by the fact we all know there's room for improvement. ;) And it goes both ways too, in having games that look good to begin with and we talk them up, and then they start to look worse as features are dropped and cut back and whatnot.

Back