New demo

Looks good and runs well, but the framerate dips into the tens when you move into the fire.

Tried it on my 5900. It says no GLSL supported. I'm using 56.72 drivers.

Do I have to manually enable GLSL support with a reg setting or something :?:

Bludd said:
the framerate dips into the tens when you move into the fire.
Not surprising. It's not just a full screen of procedurally generated coloured pixels, after all, but also the volume slices behind that one.

oddfellow said:
Tried it on my 5900. It says no GLSL supported. I'm using 56.72 drivers.

Do I have to manually enable GLSL support with a reg setting or something :?:

Yup

Humus said:
Entirely impossible! ;)
Seriously, I'm not sure I understand what's so unrealistic with the way it's stacked, or what is more realistic in your opinion.
Have a bed of glowing ashes below the wood and you're set ;)

Oh! And the flames should start from the lower surface of the wood, and curl up and around.

Well I'm no fire expert but when I make a fire, it normally winds up with logs set up more like this:
fire.JPG

Ohh yeah, glowing ashes would also be good... and marshmellows too... er :oops:

Meh, Arrrse, that's just because you don't know how to build a fire properly! (j/k)

In all seriousness, you can build one like in the demo, but it requires placing all logs before the fire is lit, and even then it will eventually fall into a configuration like you outlined.

In all seriousness, you can build one like in the demo, but it requires placing all logs before the fire is lit

As opposed to starting the fire without wood and adding it after? ;)

gurgi said:
What is your kindling generally made out of? I tend to use.. well.. smaller wood.

Use pinecones, (some) leaves, twigs, and smaller branches.

(My whole family has pyro in their blood... my grandfather is known to build fires 10 to 15 feet high, in a standard campfire spot, with no accelerants :D)

Well the only place I've ever seen a perfect stack like the demo is on US telly/cartoons/movies etc

Its not a biggie but it just looks too artificial to me with a perfect stack :?

Crashes at startup (you see a single drawn frame though) in the OpenGL driver on NV40, 60.72s.

Rys

Back